Bad
Good

My child attends this school and has since Kindergarten. She has had a wonderful experience here, and all the teachers are very caring. The small, hometown feel of the school makes my family comfortable to visit and even eat lunch from time to time. I do agree with the fact that I would appreciate a supplies needed list for my child. That's the way the school operated in the past. I understand there are many financially needy children there, but lots of the families could and would furnish their own supplies. That would free up a lot of money to do other things for the school. Maybe they would save enough to hire more instructional assistants. Having one very special assistant , Mrs. Donna, has been a blessing in my child's life. I don't know if the Central Office realizes just how important these assistants are to the children and the teachers as well.

My child has have been attending Sulphur Springs School since Kindergarten. Our experience has been very positive. We have been very pleased with all of the teachers my child has gotten through the years. We especially love the small town community feel, and my child has made some great friends. We plan to continue our child's education here at Sulphur Springs.

This is a wonderful school for my children. The faculty and staff are very caring. They are willing to go give all the students many opportunities to improve their education and grades. I have read all the reviews listed so far. Something that I would like to see is more parent involvement. The faculty and staff would love more volunteers to come and help out in classrooms and programs. For the education of our children, there needs to be more parents willing to get involved in the school and help make a difference. A child's first 'teacher' is their parents. So....it is a team effort, between the parent, student and teachers. Are you willing to help?

This is the worst school a child could attend. Teachers and especially the principal are uncaring. They cannot comprehend that a child with ADHD learns differently than other students. Trying to explain this to the principal is like talking to a brick wall!!! They expect them to be able to keep up and offer no extra support. I would not recommend this school to anybody.

I would really like to see some extra curricular activies for the kids.Girls on the Run is a great thing for kids. Girls and Boys. Learning is great but sometimes they need more than just book knowledge to learn. submitted by Dawn Hixon parent

Horrible academic programs,, principal didn't care, not involved, do not participate in any of the commercial programs designed to earn money - Food City receipts, ink cartridges, campbells soup labels, etc., teachers don't care and seem to have their hands tied concering any improvements, district is not allowed to give out school supply lists - they 'provide' everything the child needs, instead of requiring parents to supply needs and spending money on much needed curriculum aids.

My child has enjoyed their time here and has a very positive experience, both socially and academically. The staff has been supportive and has helped make their transition a good one.

Last modified Sulphur Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.