Posted March 27, 2014
My son is in the second grade at Miller Perry and has excelled with each passing year. I find his teachers to be supportive, attentive to their student s needs and the curriculum to be exceptional. I do wish, however, that they would return the report cards to the traditional A, B, C, D, F s grading method. This is much more informative as to one s child s progress, as well as aiding the parent as to where the child needs improvement as far as subject. I work with my child every day, writing out homework for him as well that goes beyond what is being studied in the class at present time. Otherwise I have been quite pleased with his experience with the school and thank the teachers for their continual efforts in providing the best educational environment as possible for their students.

Miller Perry Elementary School 4

Posted March 24, 2014
Miller Perry is great school. Very friendly all around and are always their for the students if needed. Very happy I chose this school for my kids.

Miller Perry Elementary School 4

Posted February 10, 2014
Miller Perry Very disappointed with web pages.Some teachers have a great one. Some have the same one all year! It would be very helpful for parents and grandparents with broken families.We have missed a number of events because of this. I am trying to see if their is a Valentine Party. Nothing about time or day! My big problem is knowing what is going on each week in the classroom.

Posted January 24, 2011
My sons have gone to Miller Perry for 3 years now and they love it! My husband and I do as well. The teachers are wonderful. It's obvious they love the kids. They offer some really neat programs, including All Pro Dads, and Parent's Night In. It's also a great school academically. We looked at area schools, purposely moved where we did specifically for this school district.

Miller Perry Elementary School 3

Posted August 03, 2010
Let me tell you something. If you have a child at this school and you DO happen to have a problem with one of the teachers look out ! Dr. Gene Johnson was a wonderful principal and person. Mrs. Broyles is nice but if you have a complaint about a teacher,she gets really cold, fast. Nobody at the school would take my problem seriously , all I got was support for the teacher and no consideration of my thoughts. Each time I asked to speak to Mrs. Broyles she was busy or gone. At least that is what I was told. The teachers at the school are first to blame the parents and the principal supports the teachers. I have learned, have a problem with 1 teacher and you will be ostracised forever. Even if you are nice as can be!

Posted July 17, 2010
I love Miller Perry. My son started there in kindergarten and had some issues. He is now in Third grade and makes (A's). I credit the Teachers and staff for helping him through his developmental issues. I like Mrs. Broyles, because she wants parents to get involved and encourages them to be involved. One of these comments takes issue with her being the Principal, yes you might take issue with her, if you don't desire to get involved with your childs education. I think Mrs. Broyles see's the teachers and parents as being a team and encourages this in the school as a whole. I don't mind and love the idea of working with my son's teacher to see my son succeed. My son went from develpmental issues in Kindergarten to an (A) average 3rd grader, let that be the judge! The credit goes to the staff.

Miller Perry Elementary School 1

Posted May 05, 2010
Very disappointed in the leadership, especially the Principal, Karen Broyles. Volunteered many hours at this school when my children attended & saw things from the Principal & few staff members that was highly unprofeesional... actually they were bully's! Not with me personally, but with other parents- expecially after the parents left!

Miller Perry Elementary School 0

Posted January 12, 2010
have two children enrolled there and i feel the teachers and staff do a fantastic job and are very driven

Miller Perry Elementary School 3

Posted November 04, 2009

Posted October 01, 2009
My children and I love Miller Perry! The staff, as a whole, are encouraging, supportive, and continue to challenge my children to be the best they can be! As a parent, I feel encouraged to visit and volunteer. The principal, Mrs. Karen Broyles, has always welcomed me into her office and is willing to consider any concerns I may have. Super teachers, super safe, super learning environment! What more can you ask for?

Miller Perry Elementary School
904 Fordtown Rd, Kingsport, TN  37663
Last modified Miller Perry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Miller Perry Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top