Kingsport, TN

Posted October 14, 2009
The teachers work hard to keep commuication open between parent, student, and teacher. This greatly improves their interest, self confidence, and scores.

Posted May 21, 2009

Posted May 19, 2009
Sullivan Elementary is a great school always looking to modernize and assist the children. When funds were not available they have fun fundraisers to increase the technology of the school. They give every child the opportunity to learn with special education programs and handicapped is not a word in their vocabulary.

Posted November 15, 2008
I have had a child there for a few years.I have to say that as my child goes up in grades, the teachers get worse.In the upper grades , the teachers have no patience,thye need to revamp and get teachers who are not burnt out on teaching and get some that still enjoy enlightening a child's learning experience.They Go so overboard with Ar, that they sometimes do not focus on other academic subjects.My child when first started there, had wonderful teachers, but then you get the Crabby ones that wish they weren't there.Things I totally dislike at Sullivan Elemntary are: the Cliques,if you child is not in it they rarely get recognized and the principal there does not like parents who stick up for their children either..

Posted September 28, 2008

Posted February 14, 2008
This is one of the top schools academically in Sullivan County. Teachers, along with the administrator and staff, are truly dedicated to providing the students with the best education available. Parents are very active and supportive in school functions. I am proud to working at a school where high expections are the norm for everyone - including the students.

Posted November 11, 2007
In response to a negative review that was posted, Sullivan Elementary teachers, principal and office staff are among the best anywhere. You will not find a more dedicated group of people willing to go above and beyond. I have had children in this school for four years. I do not expect the school to provide all the enrichment my child needs. It is also the parent's responsibility to provide for a particular child's needs. They are all different. There are many academic activities outside of school to challenge your child, however only if the parent is willing to do their part. Look at what you as a parent should be doing. Learning begins at home.

Sullivan Elementary School 2

Posted November 10, 2007
I have had my chidren in school here for 3 years. I am not pleased. There have been two excellent teachers and some parental involvement but more so with parties than academics. I am less than pleased with the principal and office staff. AR is not a new thing this area is just playing catch up. Reading seems to be the only focus. This school does little if anything to promote math and science, and creative writing. There is no gifted program, and my children are bored with the curriculum. The teachers have to catch up children that are not ready to be in that grade but were passed anyway. The PE program is almost non existent. If you can avoid having a child in any Tennessee public school please do it. If you are coming to Sullivan county try city or private schools.

Posted October 11, 2007

Posted October 09, 2007
Wow! we are a small school that everyone is soo impressed with when they visit. Our entire staff is experienced, talented, hard workers, and we all work together well. Our parents are such hard workers and support us in every way.

Sullivan Elementary School
209 Rosemont Av, Kingsport, TN  37660
Last modified Sullivan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sullivan Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top