Posted March 08, 2011
My fiance' goes to Sullivan South High School &his work has improved tremendously(: I wanted to thank all the teachers &staff for helping him. Keep up the good work. you all are wonderful South was my favorite school that I went to.

Posted March 31, 2010
South Has Improved in the Students some Over the Past Couple Of Years. And I honestly would rather go to South than alot of other schools in the area. It seems like we are a big family here. Especially after the passing of a few students the past couple years. Everyone really come together to mourn and I really feel at home. As far as academics, I think Most of the teachers could care less as to if you even pass or not. Some pile busy work on you that doesnt help you at all, and some let you sleep all class period. But all together, I have only had one or two teachers that I really felt like was there to help me.

Sullivan South High School 2

Posted November 20, 2009
I am a senior at Sullivan South, and I went to Unicoi before I came back here. This school is not a great school. I have to get tutors for my classes because my teachers won't help me. Unicoi is a very clean school, but I also went to Science Hill at one point. I have been to a few schools in my short high school period, and I would definitely say Science Hill is the best. But hopefully my senior year will go ok..

Posted August 09, 2009

Posted August 06, 2009

Posted July 27, 2009

Sullivan South High School 1

Posted March 24, 2009
As a senior at Sullivan South, I would've done anything to have had the opportunity to attend a better school. There are several teachers that are excellent, but most barely teach anything at all, and their students can be found wandering the halls for hours. South is the place to be if you do not care about being prepared for college, counseled properly, or challenged to be a creative, hands-on learner. If you're satisfied with the average high school, South is fine. If you want something more, continue your search. I certainly wish my parents had explored other options.

Sullivan South High School 1

Posted April 11, 2008

Sullivan South High School 0

Posted January 30, 2008
The community is very enjoyable, the teenagers of this area are great kids. Spiritual values are still strong here, making for polite, calm and respectful young adults. The school facility itself could use some landscaping upgrades to update the exterior image. Staff seems to go across the board. Some take the sacred job of teaching seriously, while others are just as immature as some of the students. Honestly, I think the guidance counselors are passive, and if you don't hunt them down to perform on behalf of your child (or children), they will miss out on a lot of opportunities and direction. These faculty members have the future of their students at stake, but they seem to just put out fires instead of educating the entire student body. What is a guidance counselor? Exactly! This seems to be my experience in several different states. Great Public School!

Posted January 03, 2008
Honestly, South is a pretty good school, but it's just barely above average. There are a few teachers and faculty members I've seen who should seriously be evaluated; they are rude and incompetent to students. Though granted, I've met plenty of qualified, kind adults there, too. As for the building itself, I only have a problem with the restrooms. There is rarely any soap. Though for the actual educations students receive, I believe most the South teachers do a nice job at teaching.

Sullivan South High School
1236 Moreland Dr, Kingsport, TN  37664
Last modified Sullivan South High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sullivan South High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top