PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

St. Dominic's Catholic School in Kingsport, TN has exceeded all my expectations for what a school can be. The faculty and staff are committed to developing the whole child, and their mantra that the children will be known and loved is seen on a daily basis. While this is a parochial school, it attracts families of various faiths, and the level of involvement from the parents speaks to their commitment and satisfaction with the school. I have nothing against public schools, but the fact that my children are getting an exceptional education with plenty of exposure to the arts, while learning to live faithfully and treat others in a faith-based manner is the reason every parent should strongly consider this school. Talk to the principal, talk to the faculty, and talk to the parents. You won't be disappointed by what you find!

Develops character: Strongly agree

My Grandchildren are not prone to bad language. They share with each other, yet are still children. They are more honest than some of the other children same age I've encountered. They are taught about God.

Educational background, patience with their students, yet firm. They go the extra mile like the olden days when Teachers were Teachers, real teachers.

My son has flourished from his experience at St. Dominic's in ways I never imagined. He finished kindergarten academically engaged, spiritually nourished (we are not Catholic) and eager to return to first grade! This program has the rare ability to foster individual overall excellence with teachers and ancillary staff steadfast in their devotion to inspire personal achievements. As Kingsport's public schools are known to be above average, I was hesitant to spend the money for a private school. I am so proud to be part of the St. Dominic school family. It was the best decision I have ever made for my child.

This school is amazing, great program and excellent staff. My daughter love this school, she attended to the preschool program and she is now in elementary school. St Dominic school is more than a school, all the kids know each other and they grow together as a family.

St. Dominic School is an excellent school by academic standards. The principal, Ms DePollo, the teachers, the ancillary staff are always involved with each student and his/her family. They are welcoming, enthusiastic and kind. They encourage parental involvement and promote excellent Christian moral standards that help a children understand their world and their place in it. I would recommend this school for any family looking to promote the best in their children and help produce the best kind of adult for the future.

I have been extremely pleased with St. Dominic s Catholic School in Kingsport, TN. We are not Catholic but during my interviews with private institutions I found that St. Dominic s was warm, open and welcoming. Ms. DePollo, the principal, met with me and answered all my questions. There is a culture of excelling in academics at St. Dominic s. Teachers look to promote each student s individuality. Small class sizes mean each child gets individual attention! It also means that there is no opportunity for bullying. The teachers here are very open to working with students and parents. (When my daughter went to Knoxville to the Regional Spelling Bee, her teacher travelled down to support her!) As a certified, independent school St. Dominic s students take the IOWA test which qualifies them to participate in further educational programs such as "DUKE Tip" . After being with the school for 2 years, I truly feel my children are loved and that they're getting an extremely high-quality education. If you are considering a private school option for your child you do not need to look any further than St. Dominic s Catholic School in Kingsport, TN!

I have 3 sons and they all went through St Dominic. The youngest one is currently in 3rd grade. The school blends a family atmosphere with high academic demands and opportunities, all from an inclusive, loving God centered perspective.

We have a child in 1st grade and another in preschool. We are impressed with the quality of education they are receiving. Also, we enjoy the sense of community through high levels of parent involvement.

I can't imagine anywhere else I would send my children to elementary school! Where else can you start your day with a personal prayer, the Lord's Prayer, Pledge of Allegiance & an Anthem. It only takes about 10 minutes, but what a great way to start a day and say thanks to God & Country! It's an awesome Christrian education! Thank you St. Dominic's for being such an amazing option!

Last modified St Dominic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5