Kingsport, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted June 01, 2014
My son has flourished from his experience at St. Dominic's in ways I never imagined. He finished kindergarten academically engaged, spiritually nourished (we are not Catholic) and eager to return to first grade! This program has the rare ability to foster individual overall excellence with teachers and ancillary staff steadfast in their devotion to inspire personal achievements. As Kingsport's public schools are known to be above average, I was hesitant to spend the money for a private school. I am so proud to be part of the St. Dominic school family. It was the best decision I have ever made for my child.

Posted May 14, 2014
This school is amazing, great program and excellent staff. My daughter love this school, she attended to the preschool program and she is now in elementary school. St Dominic school is more than a school, all the kids know each other and they grow together as a family.

Posted April 10, 2014
St. Dominic School is an excellent school by academic standards. The principal, Ms DePollo, the teachers, the ancillary staff are always involved with each student and his/her family. They are welcoming, enthusiastic and kind. They encourage parental involvement and promote excellent Christian moral standards that help a children understand their world and their place in it. I would recommend this school for any family looking to promote the best in their children and help produce the best kind of adult for the future.

Posted May 07, 2013
I have been extremely pleased with St. Dominic s Catholic School in Kingsport, TN. We are not Catholic but during my interviews with private institutions I found that St. Dominic s was warm, open and welcoming. Ms. DePollo, the principal, met with me and answered all my questions. There is a culture of excelling in academics at St. Dominic s. Teachers look to promote each student s individuality. Small class sizes mean each child gets individual attention! It also means that there is no opportunity for bullying. The teachers here are very open to working with students and parents. (When my daughter went to Knoxville to the Regional Spelling Bee, her teacher travelled down to support her!) As a certified, independent school St. Dominic s students take the IOWA test which qualifies them to participate in further educational programs such as "DUKE Tip" . After being with the school for 2 years, I truly feel my children are loved and that they're getting an extremely high-quality education. If you are considering a private school option for your child you do not need to look any further than St. Dominic s Catholic School in Kingsport, TN!

Posted April 12, 2013
I have 3 sons and they all went through St Dominic. The youngest one is currently in 3rd grade. The school blends a family atmosphere with high academic demands and opportunities, all from an inclusive, loving God centered perspective.

Posted April 05, 2013
We have a child in 1st grade and another in preschool. We are impressed with the quality of education they are receiving. Also, we enjoy the sense of community through high levels of parent involvement.

Posted April 04, 2013
I can't imagine anywhere else I would send my children to elementary school! Where else can you start your day with a personal prayer, the Lord's Prayer, Pledge of Allegiance & an Anthem. It only takes about 10 minutes, but what a great way to start a day and say thanks to God & Country! It's an awesome Christrian education! Thank you St. Dominic's for being such an amazing option!

Posted March 27, 2013
Fantastic school! You couldn't ask for a better environment to educate and nuture young children!

Posted March 25, 2013
I have two students at St. Dominic School. My boys are in 1st and 4th grades. They started in the Pre-K program, which is excellent preparation for Kindergarten. The teachers are fantastic and bring out the best in each student. The small class sizes provide the opportunity for individual attention. The curriculum is challenging and includes traditional elements (math facts, cursive writing) with up-to-date technology in each classroom. The music and art classes are amazing - the students have wonderful opportunities to express themselves! Our boys are thriving at St. Dominic School. They are growing in their faith every day. Traditional values are alive and well at St. Dominic School. I highly recommend St. Dominic School!

Posted March 24, 2013
We have a 2nd grader at St. Dominics and are very happy with the school. We switched our son from public school when he was in Kindergarten as we quickly saw the open classroom format was not suited to his learning style. We have had excellent teachers so far who challenge students at their level with an outstanding curriculum. The familial atmosphere and parental involvement cannot be overlooked--our son loves to go to school! We are looking forward to three more great years.

St Dominic School