Kingsport, TN

Posted November 06, 2011
I transferred to Cedar View in March of my freshman year of high school. Before transferring, I was ranked number one out of four hundred and fifty students at my public high school. After transferring to Cedar View, I at first struggled to keep up with my classmates, because the education there is on such an advanced plane compared to public school. Knowing I strongly desired to catch up with my classmates, the teachers offered me extra help during my study halls and after school and I took full advantage; the love and concern the teachers have for their students at Cedar View is truly unimaginable. It took a great deal of effort and hard work on my part, but thanks to the help of the excellent teachers there, I was able to catch up with my classmates and succeed as a student. I graduated college Summa Cum Laude with a 3.94 GPA and received multiple scholarships. I know this was made possible by the advanced training I received at Cedar View. I truly believe a Cedar View education is the best gift parents can give their children.

Posted October 01, 2011
It's hard to find the words to describe Cedar View Christian school. I guess results speak louder than words. Check out the 2011 Tennessee Association of Christian Schools Academic testing results. http://www.tacs1.org/assets/2011-State-Academic-Testing-Results/2011-State-Academic-Test-Results.pdf One junior male student from Cedar View placed 1st place in three subjects in the state of Tennessee then went on to compete nationally. Cedar View stands out academically. The HS math teacher was valedictorian (top in graduating class) of her college graduating class in mathematics. You won't find this caliber of teacher at other schools. Many times parents of children who struggle in school think placing the child in a private school will make them a good student. The reality is it takes hard work to be a good student and they will have to work much harder in a private school. Those complaining in previous reviews and lies that never occurred ,are parents who were unwilling to put in the time to help their child succeed and expected the school to do the parents job. I have four students at Cedar View Christian and would not want them attending any other school in the area.

Cedar View Christian School 3

Posted April 11, 2011
After having a child be there for two years, we decided to move her to another private school. Cedar View wasn't a big disappointment. My major concern, was that as far as I knew only one of them held qualifications for teaching. I made a point to many of the faculty members that an issue like that could arise. I believe that in order to understand the development, and fundamentals of a child--a college degree is (or should be required). Therefore, we went to another school where all teachers had to hold a Bachelor's degree, or higher. And, CVCS has TOO much fundraising! We were always raising money, and tuition is higher than most. Higher tuition, and teachers that had no college education...good place, but I prefer a college educated faculty.

Cedar View Christian School 4

Posted January 29, 2011
The review posted on July 31st is ridiculous. As a graduate from Cedar View, I am very familiar with the teachers, adminstration and the overall environment of the school. I also have 2 children who have attended from K-3 thru high school. The students are well supervised, the academic expectations are very high and the teachers love the students and are there to help them succeed.

Posted July 24, 2009
Teachers aren't qualified, ideas are out of date, drivel is being taught to students. There is nothing Christian about how this school is run. Faculty is snobby, very unwilling to listen, teachers are unwilling to put in time and effort to help struggling students.

Posted February 04, 2009
My children received an excellent education - one has graduated from college and now has an excellent career and the other will graduate from college this spring. The staff truly care about the students, and the children learn to behave themselves and to act as adults. This school prepares them for society.

Posted October 17, 2008
I graduated from Cedar View in 1989, completed my 4-year degree and now have two children there. Although the facilities are not brand new (no federal funding, mind you), there is academic excellence and high expectations. The teachers love the students and take a genuine interest in seeing that each student excels. Classes are small and well disciplined; students are respectful and well mannered. SAT/ACT scores are higher than average. Drugs and disrespectfulness are not tolerated. There are good sports programs w/coaches that care and teach teamwork and good sportmanship.

Posted August 27, 2008
The facilities are old and out of date, most of the teachers hold no qualifications, or degrees. Most of the elementary classes are held in trailers. The school is simply inadequate in every way. The other comparable charter schools, such as Tri-cities Christian School, and Providence Academy are light years ahead and as affordable considering the benefits!

Posted July 28, 2008

Posted June 13, 2008

Cedar View Christian School
Po Box 143, Kingsport, TN  37662
Last modified Cedar View Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Cedar View Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top