Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

nathaniel hasn't said anything bad about his teachers so i hope he has a good relationship with them

Amount of homework: Neutral

nathaniel does have homework except math i would like to know what is going on

my son isn't doing very good nathaniel flesher 9th grade needs help in math he needs help

I am an alumna of Dobyns-Bennett, there were some excellent teachers there that prepared me for college, however the math department is seriously lacking I struggled in college due to this, the counselors were extremely nice but did not help me to prepare for college at all! Also i believe too much money is going to the football/band programs, while I was there they had math tutoring available, when I hit senior year they had to cut the tutoring because there "wasn't enough money" in the budget, yet they could redo an entire parking lot..... Overall this is a decent school, but I am glad I'm no longer there

This school has some great teachers! But they could get better math teachers and also the school is just way overcrowded I am a senior and struggled with getting into an English class for five weeks because I had to wait on them to hire another teacher! In my opinion after going to DB I don't consider it as great as everyone says!

I attended this High School, and my experience was Great, I really had some fun memories being here!

I am a current senior at Dobyns Bennett and I am extremely pleased with my education. I have been lucky enough to be able to take advantage of some of the more advanced classes in the school, including some of the many AP classes that DB offers. It is one of (if not) the best education systems in the Tri-cities area. It has helped me to increase my knowledge and ready myself for college. The education that a student receives from the school is really dependent on what classes they decide to take, because, like many other schools, it does have to offer some of the basic remedial classes. However, all the teachers at the school are supportive and helpful no matter what classes you take.

I am an alumna of DBHS, having graduated in the famous class of 1961. The education I graduated with was superior to that of most people with advanced degrees today. I can read, speak, and write the English language correctly, I was well-grounded in languages, math, sciences, and history. I am very proud of the band and orchestra programs today, and I feel confident that today's students are receiving the same top quality education I did. My class had an extremely high graduation rate by any standards, most of us went to college, and and most of them attained Masters' and Doctors" degrees, We are very proud to be DBHS slumni!

Oh wow! What is there not to like? One of the top public schools in the state, region, and nation with numerous educational offerings including AP courses, a vocational wing, a music building, and an arts complex; an highly decorated and award winning band with multiple performances at events such as the Macy's and Rose Parades, the best high orchestra in the state of Tennessee, and athletic tradition and excellence. The boys basketball program has more all time wins (over 2,000) than any school in the nation. The football team is the winningest program in the state. The volleyball team is the state defending champion. Famous alums include: Bobby Dodd, former Georgia Tech football coach and athletic director; John Palmer, former White House correspondent and Today show anchor for NBC, eight former or current professional football players including current Dallas Cowboy safety, Gerald Sensabaugh; former All American Wake Forest point guard and WFU Sports Hall of Fame, Sklp Brown; and current Clemson University President, Jim Barker.

I am currently a sophomore at DB, and I must say it is quite an experience. I am in all honors classes, and my teachers really push me to excel in my classes. I am a tuition student and zoned for a county school, but I am so thankful that my family is willing to pay for me to attend Dobyns Bennett. I'm involved in sports and I absolutely love the support from my classmates I get. The facilities here are fantastic, the curriculum is TOUGH and the relationships you build are going to last me my whole life. DB is a wonderful school and its athetics are especially great. From the football team to the swim team to the Spirit Shakers, each organization strives in its atmosphere. I'm so lucky to be able to go to DB, Go Indians!:)

Last modified Dobyns - Bennett High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.