Kingsport, TN
Students enrolled: 1,904

Dobyns - Bennett High School 2

Posted November 05, 2014
I am an alumna of Dobyns-Bennett, there were some excellent teachers there that prepared me for college, however the math department is seriously lacking I struggled in college due to this, the counselors were extremely nice but did not help me to prepare for college at all! Also i believe too much money is going to the football/band programs, while I was there they had math tutoring available, when I hit senior year they had to cut the tutoring because there "wasn't enough money" in the budget, yet they could redo an entire parking lot..... Overall this is a decent school, but I am glad I'm no longer there

Dobyns - Bennett High School 1

Posted September 12, 2014
This school has some great teachers! But they could get better math teachers and also the school is just way overcrowded I am a senior and struggled with getting into an English class for five weeks because I had to wait on them to hire another teacher! In my opinion after going to DB I don't consider it as great as everyone says!

Posted October 27, 2013
I attended this High School, and my experience was Great, I really had some fun memories being here!

Posted September 10, 2012
I am a current senior at Dobyns Bennett and I am extremely pleased with my education. I have been lucky enough to be able to take advantage of some of the more advanced classes in the school, including some of the many AP classes that DB offers. It is one of (if not) the best education systems in the Tri-cities area. It has helped me to increase my knowledge and ready myself for college. The education that a student receives from the school is really dependent on what classes they decide to take, because, like many other schools, it does have to offer some of the basic remedial classes. However, all the teachers at the school are supportive and helpful no matter what classes you take.

Posted November 22, 2011
I am an alumna of DBHS, having graduated in the famous class of 1961. The education I graduated with was superior to that of most people with advanced degrees today. I can read, speak, and write the English language correctly, I was well-grounded in languages, math, sciences, and history. I am very proud of the band and orchestra programs today, and I feel confident that today's students are receiving the same top quality education I did. My class had an extremely high graduation rate by any standards, most of us went to college, and and most of them attained Masters' and Doctors" degrees, We are very proud to be DBHS slumni!

Dobyns - Bennett High School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
Oh wow! What is there not to like? One of the top public schools in the state, region, and nation with numerous educational offerings including AP courses, a vocational wing, a music building, and an arts complex; an highly decorated and award winning band with multiple performances at events such as the Macy's and Rose Parades, the best high orchestra in the state of Tennessee, and athletic tradition and excellence. The boys basketball program has more all time wins (over 2,000) than any school in the nation. The football team is the winningest program in the state. The volleyball team is the state defending champion. Famous alums include: Bobby Dodd, former Georgia Tech football coach and athletic director; John Palmer, former White House correspondent and Today show anchor for NBC, eight former or current professional football players including current Dallas Cowboy safety, Gerald Sensabaugh; former All American Wake Forest point guard and WFU Sports Hall of Fame, Sklp Brown; and current Clemson University President, Jim Barker.

Posted February 15, 2010
I am currently a sophomore at DB, and I must say it is quite an experience. I am in all honors classes, and my teachers really push me to excel in my classes. I am a tuition student and zoned for a county school, but I am so thankful that my family is willing to pay for me to attend Dobyns Bennett. I'm involved in sports and I absolutely love the support from my classmates I get. The facilities here are fantastic, the curriculum is TOUGH and the relationships you build are going to last me my whole life. DB is a wonderful school and its athetics are especially great. From the football team to the swim team to the Spirit Shakers, each organization strives in its atmosphere. I'm so lucky to be able to go to DB, Go Indians!:)

Posted November 03, 2009
I taught at this modern, up-to-date high school twenty years during which time I saw the school win state and national awards for academics, music, and athletics. A DB graduate has received a broad liberal arts experience which studies show prepares one to do well in college and in our increasingly global world. Two of my grandchildren are students there at this time although I am retired. One of the awards received by Dobyns-Bennett High School during my tenure was being named one of the top three high schools in the state in the state of Tennessee which, unfortunately, ranks near the bottom for funds spent on education.

Posted September 16, 2009

Dobyns - Bennett High School 2

Posted August 03, 2009

Dobyns - Bennett High School
1800 Legion Dr, Kingsport, TN  37664
Last modified Dobyns - Bennett High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dobyns - Bennett High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top