Bad
Good

Jackson Elementary School 1

Posted August 09, 2014
The teachers are wonderful, but unfortunately the administration isn't. With all the discipline problems in the upper grades, I had to remove both of my children. Most students at Jackson are very nice, but it was obvious that the associate principal was unwilling to take care of disrespect towards teachers and fellow students. Conversations with teachers whom were in my opinion, great women, basically ended in the fact their hands were tied and that the associate principal was rude and unapproachable.

Jackson Elementary School 2

Posted December 28, 2013
Had to pull my child out of this school. The teachers are nice, but administration is more concerned with the low-income children. If your child has two parents or one supportive one, beware! They will use your child's "stability" as a reason to move their rooms and generally treat your child poorly and allow the "troubled" children to hurt your child.

Jackson Elementary School

Posted January 23, 2008
I also agree with many other parents of children that attend Jackson, It is an amazing school! I am over all very pleased with the teachers, the program, the goals that are set for the children to accomplish through Jackson School. Mrs.Kennedy, the principal has done great wonders with this school!! I have always been able to meet with the teachers when needed to, and have been able to keep up with what the teachers are teaching on and know when test are going to happen so that we can be prepared to do well on the test. However, I wish that we could do away with the 'No Child Left Behind Act', it has become the 'Every Child Left Behind Act'. I feel that these children have too much work to cram in to thier brains and the teachers are not allowed enough time to teach the basics.

Jackson Elementary School 4

Posted March 05, 2005
I think that Andrew Jackson is one of the best schools in Kingsport. I am very proud to say that my children go there. I think in order to feel involved, you have to be involved....and there is lack of parent involvement. Therefore some parents might feel like the person who wrote negative things on here. I have never been or seen anyone looked down on. In fact, it amazes me that there is no such things as different colors of skin there. Alot of parents, not only there but everywhere, feel that the child should learn everything in school and nothing at home. They feel if there child fails, it is the teachers fault. I blame it on lack of parental involvement at home and communication with the school. Jackson is mixed with different incomes...I have never seen that make a difference in how the children are treated.

Jackson Elementary School 5

Posted August 12, 2004
I have a child that attends andrew jackson school. I am very pleased with the teachers there. They do a very good job with the students. It is a fine and outstanding school to me. I am proud to tell people that my child attends andrew jackson elementary school.

Jackson Elementary School 5

Posted May 04, 2004
We have 2 children that attend Jackson Elementary School. We have had nothing but a positive experience at Jackson. The teachers and staff are top notch. The children are learning and are very well adjusted. We do work with our children at home as well. I think that any parent that shows an effort to take part in their child's education, will be accepted by the teachers and staff at Jackson. I believe that the education of children is a joint effort of teachers and parents.

Jackson Elementary School 1

Posted March 29, 2004
andrew jackson elementary school is very very racisim agreest children that dont have no money,plus if u are any other color beside white ,you are looked down on.if u lived in low income housing u are said to be white trash...the schooling think it can do whatever they want to do....there are alot of parents here in kingsport getting together to take andrew jackson school to the school board.....not all teachers are bad in this school.........the ones that are dont have no respected...........i would rate this school from 1-10 and 0......

Jackson Elementary School
600 Jackson Street, Kingsport, TN  37660
Last modified Jackson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jackson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top