Bad
Good

This school is very progressive and is doing a great job catering to the different learning styles of my children. The teachers and staff are outstanding and communicate well with parents. My children love it there!

This is the best elementary school that I have ever seen. The teachers are amazing. My child has Traci Harris, a national board certified teacher and he loves going to school. She makes learning fun.

I have a child that attends this school and I wouldn't have him go anywhere else. The faculty at this school are top notch. I know that there may be some teachers here that don't measure up to what the rest of the school may be at, but you will run into that at any school. I have been fortunate to have my son have great teachers that communicate well with us about the progress he is making. I have read the complaints of other parents and the only thing I can say is that if you are not willing to get involved with your child's education, then you are the weak link, not the school. My wife and I both work full time, but we take time off to get involved with the school and our son's class. Don't blame the school for your uninvolvement.

I read the other reviews and I have to agree with all of them . Saying that I strongly defend this school as the best public elementary school I've seen so far. I volunteer at the school and see the the school in action during the day. It looks like organized chaos but its choreographed splendidly by the principal. The teachers are in control but at the same time the school philosophy is to let the children make decisions in a safe environment. Some people may not like this because they are use to the traditional way a school is run. As a parent if you are not open minded about the school you will hate it . Luckily they have the option of going to a traditional school a few miles away. Great academics, extracurricular is basically music but that is fine with me. Finally the parents are heavily involved.

My daughter is in the 4th grade at Washington Ele. This is her 1st yr. & I have been overwhelmed by the academic excellence at this school. The teachers and staff have made her transition a very positive experience. Everyone has been so helpful, friendly & gone out of their way to help. There is a real feel of 'community' there. I am especially impressed with her teacher, Mrs. Ketron, who is so enthusiastic & compassionate about teaching. My daughter transferred to this school from a county school & I was shocked at how academically advanced Washington is compared to her other school. Thank You so much to the staff and to Mrs. Ketron for making my daughters 1st yr. at Washington such a great one. (I only wish I would have started her there from the beginning!)

Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.