Kennedy Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2011
Worst kindergarten program ever. They shun parent involvement and haven't a clue about pick-up and drop off procedures.

Posted November 03, 2009
I have had 3 children go to Kennedy elementary school over the last 20 years. I have had the opportunity to have had my children taught under the following principals Mr. Dixon, Ms. Faulk and now Mr. Edwards. Over the years I have had the opportunity to meet both good and in my opinion not so good teachers. Overall this is one of the best schools here in Kingsport because we are a small, community based, parent involved school with dedicated teachers, parents and of course a dedicated principal.

Posted July 27, 2007

Posted July 20, 2007

Posted August 08, 2006
I have 3 kids at this school. In recent years I have had my kids enrolled in 3 other school systems. I can say without a doubt that Kennedy has the best teachers, the best leadership, and the best overall educational experience my kids could get out of a public school. I am very excited about the new year beginning. My kids walk out of the school with a smile on their faces and they enjoy sharing the details of their school day. When you are visiting the school, teachers, principal and staff welcome you and encourage parent/teacher cooperation. One review does not a school make, so I encourage parents to visit the school and see for themselves all that Kennedy Elementary has to offer. I am certainly glad I did.

Posted January 24, 2006
I have 2 kids at this school. I am amazed at the things they are learning. My youngest is in 2nd grade and learning to count in Spanish. i think it is a great School. Mrs Faulk seems to be very understanding in every situation. I also think the guidence part is a great way for the kids to tell a undrstanding Adult things it may not talk about with parents. My oldest is in 4th grade and can now count to 100 or higher in Spanish. Way to go teachers!

Kennedy Elementary School 2

Posted May 02, 2005

Kennedy Elementary School 1

Posted May 02, 2005
This is the worst run school I have ever seen in my life. My child is finishing up 5th grade at Kennedy and has had the worst fifth grade teachers. It is an all male 5th grade. They watch March madness basketball tournament in class when they should be teaching. They stand around in the hall and talk all the time instead of teaching. The principal is fairly supportive and often sides with parents.

Kennedy Elementary School
1500 Woodland Av, Kingsport, TN  37660
Last modified Kennedy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kennedy Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top