Bad
Good

This is my child's first year in middle school. I feel lost as a parent. I don't know what is going on until the last minute and the teachers are out of touch with their students and do not communicate well with the parents. I have been told that 6th grade and up are much better. I really hope so, because this 5th grade year is horrible!!

harpeth middle has a great staff for reading and language ts/ mthmatics. however, harpeth is very weak in science/ social studdies

this so is a really good school i love how they have these clubs for students and the students love it here i can tell but the school can at least paint over the walls in the bathroom or something because the words and languages in the bathroom are rude and disturbing but other than that its a really good school with teachers, principal, and good with parent involvement.

I love everything about this school. They make sure my ADHD son is taken care of and let me know of any problems. I would not have my children being taught by any other people out there.

This is truely a wonderful school! They care about the kids and have set some very good standards.

Our teachers really care about the children. I have had 4 children so far at this school and each one has had a great experience. The teachers go above and beyond my expectations. No gangs, no police officers needed!

I am in the seventh grade at HMS, and I have to say that although the environment the school provides is very caring, there are still things that could be done to improve. One thing, as I believe was mentioned in another review, is renovations. The school building is indeed around thirty years old, and thus could use some upgrading. The only other thing is creating a way to keep people out of the library who are not in there to return, or check out, a book. However, the problems I have listed prevail in all schools, and even a wonderful school such as Harpeth cannot be exempted. The school is great, and going here is one of the best schooling experiences of my life (I have been to three elementary schools and was home-schooled through most of fourth and fifth grade). Keep up the brilliant work, HMS staff!

Last modified Harpeth Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.