Kingston Springs, TN

Harpeth High School 3

Posted October 11, 2014
overall, Harpeth has decent teachers and classes. However, there is a huge issue that is never adressed properly. That issue is bullying. Faculty rarley deals with bullying, so that leaves students to stand up for eachother. As far as acadimics go, harpeth is great....

Posted June 19, 2011
I have taught at a bunch of schools through my career and I liked this one the best. They do NOT focus on sports as much as other schools. The students here I believe are gifted and the staff here DOES care. They do very well on their test results, which is a product of the students and teachers from k-12. Very comfortable and friendly place to live and work. Former Art Teacher.

Posted May 10, 2010
I'm currently (well, I would be if we weren't out early for the flood damage, so I guess now I'm a sophomore) a freshman at Harpeth High School. I know that my school isn't perfect- we're poor, we focus a lot on sports (much to my chagrin), and some of the teachers could use a lesson in classroom management- but I really feel that, compared to other schools in the Middle Tennessee area, we shine. For example, even though we're a small school, we kick some serious booty when it comes time to take standardized tests (who got a perfect on the English ACT? I know a few people). Most of our teachers are extremely dedicated to their subject *and* their students. I mean, Mrs. Arrington is my savior when it comes to math, and I wouldn't love history the way I do if it weren't for Phil's class.

Harpeth High School 0

Posted April 11, 2010
I am looking forward to my son entering HHS this year. He has been in the HMS band and has been receiving instruction from Dan McNally and Joe Hobbs. I can base my review mostly on the dedication of these two teachers which is exemplary. During the open house I had the pleasure of meeting the Librarian who was very enthusiastic about the school and her job. I have observed that many kids that struggle in school often do not have the study skills they need at the high school level. I would not necessarily blame this on the quality of the teachers, but maybe a lack of preparation in earlier grades. The lack of parent involvement drops off at Middle School and becomes even less at the high school level. I hope we will be able to keep our Blue Ribbon School status with more parent involvement. Leslie Allen

Harpeth High School 1

Posted April 09, 2010
I am very disappointed with Harpeth High School as a whole. There are a few teachers that seem to care about their job performance (another words they care if the kids are actually learning in their class) but there are others that simply hate kids. I can see where 'good kids' are catered to and do not receive the same treatment as 'problem kids' That's just not acceptable. And there is a huge problem with gossip among the teachers, about each other and about the students. I feel sorry for the students targeted by teachers with chips on their shoulders. Then again, it is a public school.

Harpeth High School 5

Posted April 09, 2010

Posted January 13, 2010
I attend HHS currently and the school overall is great. I feel like Im entering college well prepared and that was with all the help from the teachers, which happen to care about their students. Tutoring is available to the students that want to learn and strive to do better. The extracurricular activities lack in a sense that there is not much to do to become involved with the school, unless you're athletic. Leadership comes by fellow students, which is encouraged by the teachers, but once again isn't always effective, depending on the student.

Harpeth High School 2

Posted November 29, 2009
I'd say that the school is very divided in there ways i dnt think that hhs is a bad school but its not the students that are making the school look bad it is th teachers. im not saying that there are not some students that are in there that are a handful but there are some teachers that dont care how they talk to students an there are some that are rude and dont care about there students they are doing it for the paycheck. But i can say that there are a few that do care about the students in the school. The one thing that i can say about the parents are that we are very active in the school and the activities that there child participate in the school.

Harpeth High School 3

Posted September 04, 2009
I'd say that HHS is an average high school, no less or more than most schools. I wish too that the leadership in the school tried a bit harder. The kids need to be tutored that struggle, especially in math. They need to be prepared for college also. The kids need encouragement. I appreciate the teachers who do go the extra mile to help the students. :)

Posted June 01, 2009
I would have to disagree about the bad reviews of this school. I graduated well in my class, though not in the top ten percent. I was admitted into college and struggled about as much as any average college student. College is harder than high school and requires more work. Harpeth more than prepared me with teachers like Mrs. Orman, McGaha, King, Sparkman, Arrington. We worked for our grades and I loved all the extracurriculars. Loved this school and would love my children to attend one day.

Harpeth High School
170 East Kingston Springs, Kingston Springs, TN  37082
Last modified Harpeth High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harpeth High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top