PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Awesome faculty, feels like family. They truly care about kids here, it's not just their "job". Would recommend 1000 times if I could!

I have two children at St. Joseph's school. We couldn't be more pleased with the staff and education that is being provided.

I have put 2 children through St. Joseph school. I have been more than satisfied In the education they received. The school has received the Blue Ribbon for Academic Achievement and has been accredited by Advanced Ed I feel this means that the teachers are working very hard to meet the needs of each individual student at the school. My youngest started high school with mostly advanced or honors courses. I give this credit to the teachers at St. Joseph School.

Great small school! A well-educated, caring staff and a supportive parent community. Saint Joseph provides a great foundation in the faith in addition to a solid academic program.

Poor. The trifecta of horror lives in grades 3, 4, and 5 which unfortunately means a huge chunk of your child's education and your money will be squandered. Even more unfortunate: administration in unwilling to listen to suggestions, complaints, or change the situation. Teacher in question is most suitable for 8th grade or high school but is the polar opposite of what would be considered ideal for the grades she deals in.

St. Joseph School has been awarded the National Blue Ribbon School Award for 2010. Our school is among 305 schools in the nation, 50 of which are private schools, that received this award. For the Blue Ribbon Schools Program, "high performing" means that the achievement of the school's students in the most recent year tested places the school among the highest performing schools in the nation in reading and mathematics as measured by a nationally normed test. Meeting this criteria places St. Joseph School in the top ten percent of schools in the nation!! --- Excerpt from a letter from the principal.

I have had my son in St. Joseph's since Kindergarten and I can say that i have not regretted one day placing his educational needs as well as his environmental and religious developement in the hands of the staff there. The class sizes are small and the teachers get involved with the needs of every child as that child moves through each class. If the child needs extra help the teachers make the effort to provide that help themselves or see that it is given if it needs to be someone else providing that help. I know that it is a challenge for parents to pay that extra money to have their child in this private school, especially with the economy as it is today, but one cannot put a price on the value of a top notch education for their children. Thanks St. Joseph.

St. Joseph School is academically outstanding, faith filled, and has the best art classes anywhere. The teachers and staff care about each child and the class sizes are small. Religion, math, science, literature, computer, art, music, Spanish, and gym classes (and recess everyday). My only wish is that the school continued through the 12th grade. My kids had a wonderful elementary and middle school experience.

There are schools with newer buildings and computers, but the sense of community at St. Joseph School is a rare treasure. It is like an extended family for all. Parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts help with Fall Festival and other projects. Everyone knows everyone else. My children have always had friends from multicultural backgrounds over the years, but have never experienced rascism or questioned the worth of people who were different ethnically or economically. Teachers in the high schools in our area often comment that they can tell which students came from St. Joseph because of their good qualities. It is a great school!

St.Joseph's school is the best thing we ever did for our son. We moved to Knoxville from Florida to give our son a better enviroment. He started last year and really loves to go to school. He is in 1st grade, and is really learning alot. The staff at St.Jospeh encourage parents to be involved. Everyone know each other it is like a big extended family. I know I have choosen the best school for our son and for us also, we have made some very good friends thru the schools activities. Check it out for yourself.

Last modified St Joseph School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8