K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 22, 2016
I am so grateful to Mrs. Bushur, the Kindergarten teacher. She is compassionate, patient, kind, and fair to all of the students. I am, most of the time, in awe of her accomplishments in the classroom. Those children love her dearly but they also know what is expected of them. That is a very thin line when it comes to children that age, and I feel as though she is doing a fabulous job.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 22, 2016
The students have homework, and I think it is good for my child. I enjoy helping her with it and us teaching each other new things.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 22, 2016
This school does not tolerate disrespectful behavior. Towards teachers or amongst peers. I value this belief in my own home and I'm happy to have a school that follows up while she is not in my care.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 22, 2016
Every day, my child tells me of a kind action she did at school. The teachers teach about the love and kindness of God and the children feel that love in their hearts, and it shows.

Posted July 22, 2016
My child's safety and well being is my number one priority. The schools we are zoned for are not, in my opinion, in a safe location. I read many horror stories of lock downs, over crowded buses, and just general discipline problems in our zoned location. My daughter attended prek at FLS and I was happy to enroll her in Kindergarten here, last Fall. The staff is a caring group and really push the children to do their best. She has just finished K, and she is reading at a 2nd gr level. Best of all, she loves going to school. She has learned about the love of God and how important kindness is. These lessons aren't taught in a public school. I am so thankful for FLS.

Posted October 08, 2010
I have a daughter who attended FLS for middle school. She is down a freshman at Gibbs High School, she is 2 points away form "A" honor roll. She is the only freshman who made the dance team. FLS is a great school. I wish kids could leave FLS and go straight to college.Thank you FLS.

Posted January 06, 2010
Our daughter attended the ECE program last year and is now in Kindergarten at FLS. The ECE program is phenomenal and we have been more than pleased with her Kindergarten experience there. The education she is getting is excellent. She is already reading on a second grade level and the things she has learned about in geography, science, and history is amazing. Best of all she is in an environment of loving teachers and families, and she is getting a good foundation, not only in education but in learning about God's love for her and others. The teachers and staff are some of the best in Knoxville!

Posted July 18, 2009
Both of my son's have attended First Lutheran School and received an excellent well rounded education. My oldest son has now moved on to high school and is at the top of his class. He was well prepared at First for contining his education.

Posted July 02, 2009
My daughter has been at first Lutheran since she was 2 1/2 yrs. old. We love first Lutheran and couldn't ask for a better education for my daughter. She attended Kindergarten last year and learned so much at her age; she was only 4 when she started Kindergarten because she met the cut off date and I thought why not. Mrs. Bucher is an AMAZING teacher and we love her. We ar also members of First Lutheran Church and it is just as wonderful as the school!!! Everyone is very friendly and caring in the school and church.

Posted April 29, 2009
My son and daughter are both attending FLS in preschool and K-8. We have been very pleased with the school. The school provides a nurturing and challenging environment in small classes. I have worked in public schools and the discipline issue is pretty much non-existent in this school. My kids love it and so do we!

1207 North Broadway Street, Knoxville, TN  37917