K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

The students have homework, and I think it is good for my child. I enjoy helping her with it and us teaching each other new things.

My child's safety and well being is my number one priority. The schools we are zoned for are not, in my opinion, in a safe location. I read many horror stories of lock downs, over crowded buses, and just general discipline problems in our zoned location. My daughter attended prek at FLS and I was happy to enroll her in Kindergarten here, last Fall. The staff is a caring group and really push the children to do their best. She has just finished K, and she is reading at a 2nd gr level. Best of all, she loves going to school. She has learned about the love of God and how important kindness is. These lessons aren't taught in a public school. I am so thankful for FLS.

I have a daughter who attended FLS for middle school. She is down a freshman at Gibbs High School, she is 2 points away form "A" honor roll. She is the only freshman who made the dance team. FLS is a great school. I wish kids could leave FLS and go straight to college.Thank you FLS.

Our daughter attended the ECE program last year and is now in Kindergarten at FLS. The ECE program is phenomenal and we have been more than pleased with her Kindergarten experience there. The education she is getting is excellent. She is already reading on a second grade level and the things she has learned about in geography, science, and history is amazing. Best of all she is in an environment of loving teachers and families, and she is getting a good foundation, not only in education but in learning about God's love for her and others. The teachers and staff are some of the best in Knoxville!

Both of my son's have attended First Lutheran School and received an excellent well rounded education. My oldest son has now moved on to high school and is at the top of his class. He was well prepared at First for contining his education.

My daughter has been at first Lutheran since she was 2 1/2 yrs. old. We love first Lutheran and couldn't ask for a better education for my daughter. She attended Kindergarten last year and learned so much at her age; she was only 4 when she started Kindergarten because she met the cut off date and I thought why not. Mrs. Bucher is an AMAZING teacher and we love her. We ar also members of First Lutheran Church and it is just as wonderful as the school!!! Everyone is very friendly and caring in the school and church.

My son and daughter are both attending FLS in preschool and K-8. We have been very pleased with the school. The school provides a nurturing and challenging environment in small classes. I have worked in public schools and the discipline issue is pretty much non-existent in this school. My kids love it and so do we!

My Daughter went there several years ago. I can't say enough good about First Lutheran. My Daughter had gone to Koxville city schools and what a nightmare! Even though we are not Lutheran the Pastor(Shultz) was respectful of other denominations. I do appreciate that.

This school is a treasure! My daughter loves it and never asks to stay home. I am the associate pastor for the church and school. In my eyes, the teachers and staff are wonderful. I so enjoy teaching religion and preaching Christ Jesus to the children throughout the year.

Last modified First Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8