K-12|Private
1,050 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Both of my children were verbally bullied by their peers and nothing was done. If you have a quiet, introverted child this is not the school for you. Most kids there have a sense of intitlement. The teachers go out of their way to make their classes as difficult as possible because of their sense of intitlement. College is much easier because it is fair. Public schools are vastly improving and If we had a do over we would not even consider Webb.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The problem I have with this is some teachers go out of their way to make their classes difficult just because they can.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Most students can handle the amount of home work handed out. Then there are your average students who get overwhelmed, againI feel average students do not belong at this school. They need to raise the bar on their entrance test and just cater to those that want to learn instead of average spoiled brats who want to spend their time bullying.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No it does not. There is no integrity at this school. It is common trash.

We switched to Webb for middle school, after attending one of the better Knox County elementary schools. Both were positive experiences for us. However, Webb offers something that goes well beyond the typical school- it is an experience. We have been impressed with how enagaged the teachers and administrators are and how they thoroughly understand tweens. They take a genuine interest in the kids in academics, as well as their communication and service skills and extra activities.The lack of emphasis on weekly TCAP practice tests and the fact that they do not give grades in extra-curricular classes, allows the kids to truly focus on what is important. The other thing you really notice is that the kids are treated with complete respect- no one is yelling in the hallways, no one is managing the lunchroom. Class sizes are small (between 11-19) except for gym and this enables plenty of time for kids to ask questions and present their ideas in class. The teachers have a planning period where they literally all get together to discuss workload, children that may need special help, etc. Pacing of classes is aggressive but not too much to handle. We love everything except the cost.

My Grandson started Webb last yr as a kindergartener . He is now in 1st grade and we couldn't be happier with his Teachers and Angie Crabtree! She runs this School with Top-Notch precision. I feel so blessed to have such great support for our 1st grader, and look forward to seeing what the remaing yrs hold thru High School. For the previous responders that spoke of " money" being very important at Webb, We are an average family and feel NO pressure to " keep up with the Jones". Webb Lower School Faculty and Staff are the Bomb!!

My daughter just started 6th grade this year. She cannot help saying, "I love my school". I am pretty happy about it.

Moved here from a northern state 2 years ago.Told we would get a top notch education at Webb.What a joke.I am thankful every day that we couldn't get our other child in because it was full.The middle school curriculum is so out dated and their 'technology' with the iPads is basically to use it as a word processor and presentation application.My other child is in public school 1 grade behind and is being challenged every day to capacity as well as learning 5 times as much material.Biggest waste of money ever. 'Feel good' and status school for people with too much money.Nelson, the Middle School head will tell you whatever you want to hear until your money is in.After that, it's an aloof, condescending attitude towards parents and students alike.A better use of the $12million they are putting towards an athletic facility would be to update their curriculum and hire some good teachers.Convinced most of the Middle School teachers are people that couldn't make it in public schools.There is no syllabus, no agenda, no accountability.2 of the math teachers aren't even able to grade papers correctly.The so-called learning specialist is nothing more than a glorified study hall teacher.

This is our second year in Knoxville and at Webb. My daughter is a 7th grader at Webb Middle School. She has had an amazing experience at the school. The teachers are excellent and the academics are challenging. This is the best education in Knoxville, no other private school can compare in academics in this area. It is expensive, but well worth it.

The Lower School is of very POOR quality. The main problem, the Lower School lacks leadership from the Lower School Director. The Lower School is a complete scam. It's just a holding place for the high school, which anyone can get into as long as they can pay the tuition. Knowing everything I know now, I wouldn't send my dog there....it is that bad. FIY: Do your research and talk to people in the community before you make the mistake we did.

Last modified Webb School Of Knoxville is a Private school that serves grades K-12