Knoxville, TN

Posted November 28, 2012
Totally awesome school! The principal and teachers truly love their jobs and care for the students. Teachers know all of the students from all grades. Mrs. Kristi knows all of the parents by name and is a great leader. It's always easy to talk to her before or after school.They even have before and after care included in the tuition.

Posted January 23, 2012
My son loves this school. He won't even admit to me when he is sick because he doesn't want to stay home, he wants to go to school! We are extremely happy with the academics and social aspects of Thackston. Everyone cares about my sons progress and the principal is always available to discuss any needs. It is very much like a second home to my son!

Posted February 07, 2011
I can not rate Thackston high enough! For preschool through 5th grade, Thackston has a consistent excellent program. Each grade has one class. The students all know each other and care for eachother. The school organizes Science Days where all grade levels are involved and tour each other's projects. The campus is small but the older children get to go on field trips throughout Knoxville - Vet School, Safety City, Downtown library, McClung, plays downtown...on and on. After school activities include chess instruction, private music instruction, Kinderdance, arts, sewing, track among other activities. Their summer camp is equally great. You know your child is learning, involved and having fun in a caring environmenet. Parents are encouraged to be involved. The staff and administration know all the children and care about their individual development. My experience is that they have been very open and responsive to parent concerns. Kids have progressive responsiblity and learn organizational skills for homework.

Posted September 28, 2009
We have four grandchildren in this wonderful school; caring, wonderful staff....Wish it went thru higher grades; we could not be happier with the education our grandchildren are getting in these early years; highly recommend it!

Thackston School 0

Posted January 04, 2009
I agree with the other reviews. We love this school! Our children transferred to Thackston from another private school in Knoxville. The academics are challenging and well-rounded here. The teachers and staff are very supportive of each student as individuals. Teaching social interaction is important as well. My kids hate to miss school and often want to stay longer when I arrive to pick them up after school! I would love it if Thackston at least went through middle school! I just wish we had found this school earlier. I highly recommend it to other families.

Posted May 17, 2008
I agree. We couldn't be more pleased with a school. Wish they would go through high school. You can walk in the school anytime of day and be welcomed. You know how your child is doing Academically and socially. This school teaches manners and etiquette as well as academics. Your child gets to experience a lot of things they wouldn't if they were somewhere else. Tuition is very reasonable als, including before and after care Only draw back is no real cafeteria. There are lunches available via subway, pizza, mexican.

Posted April 29, 2008
This is a fabulous school. The school is basically hassle free. I would recommend it to anybody. Very warm, supportive, and academically rewarding. Lasting friendships are made here.

Posted February 11, 2008
Thackston has been a fantastic educational experience for our daughter. The teachers are wonderful and parents love to be involved in the school. The cirriculum is challenging, but fun. I would highly recommend it to parents wanting a high quality educational environment mixed with a caring teaching staff.

Posted November 27, 2007
Thackston is a wonderful school, more like an extended family. My daughter loves her school and is upset whenever school is out! The curriculum is both academically and socially rewarding. The teachers are capable, effective, and caring. I would recommend Thackston to any family. I too only wish that Thackston continued to the 12th grade.

Posted August 22, 2004