Posted December 02, 2014
When considering a school for for your child, steer clear of Knoxville Christian School. As a previous student, I can attest to the poor quality of education provided by this institution. Knoxville Christian School refuses to teach certain writing and formatting styles, and neglects to inform pupils of Darwinism in preparation for secular universities and conflicting opinions in society. Financially, Knoxville Christian School is not equipped to provide up-to-date books and learning materials. They would much rather invest in a new sports facility than invest in the education and cultivation of the students to whom they so negligently cater. If one is aspiring to raise a well-rounded, free thinking individual, capable of judgement and absorption of critical knowledge, Knoxville Christian School would be a detriment such aspirations. I am disgusted with the quality of education I received from this institution, and embarrassed due to the lack of professionalism shown by faculty and staff. I deem this institution as unworthy of having the opportunity to soil the minds of todays youth. (graduated from KCS - May 2014)

Posted August 13, 2013
After moving from Nashville, I sent my 3-year-old son here for a year of preschool. I was so unhappy with the school, I considered pulling him out after Christmas. The first day of school, we were told that parents are not allowed to speak to the teacher at drop-off time, because it might be upsetting to the children. So, I dropped him off in the mornings and picked him up in the car pick-up line in the afternoons. There were no progress notes sent home, and all communication with his teacher was through email. I never knew what was going on, unless I learned it from my son himself. I am not a helicopter parent by any means, but I do like to feel included in my child's life, and KCS made me feel unwelcome and unimportant. We have moved to Tate's this year, and even though school has barely started, I could not be more impressed with them. My husband and I were both raised in private schools, but I would send my children to public school before I ever set foot in that place again.

Posted January 29, 2013
Our two teenage children transferred from public school to Knoxville Christian. Our youngest is in middle school, and very happy. The academic rigor and biblical teaching is refreshing. Our oldest is in high school and has struggled with the change. The academic rigor has increased dramatically compared to public school. He is being challenged and has homework. Both of our children are athletes and enjoy being a part of a growing sports program. The enrollment has doubled to 212 students. If you are looking for an alternative then check out KCS.

Posted August 04, 2011
This is a wonderful school for those who REALLY care about what their children are being taught. The teachers and staff are VERY concerned about each child's needs and treat parents well no matter how much they can pay or do for the school! We had children there for 8 years and look forward to another great year. This year there have been some administration changes and I feel the school will really benefit from them. The principal did a GREAT job last year and I hear they have some new technological advances and a new baseball field too. If you want a place where your child is taught about christain values in every academic subject this is the place to be!

Posted August 04, 2011
Our kids have been attending this school for the last 8 years and we look forward to another great year. Parents that REALLY care about their child's spiritual as well as academic growth will find a safe harbor here. The school is multiply accredited, family oriented, loving and fair. There have been some changes in the administration this year and we feel it is really going to benefit the school. The principal is FANTASTIC, the teachers really know their stuff and care about the children in their care and they also have a great school counselor! They have a new playground, high school bldg. and are putting in a new baseball field this summer. Come and check it out!

Knoxville Christian School 2

Posted May 03, 2011
First and foremost, I would like to say, there are some folks currently on staff at KCS that are an exception to the statements below, However, At this point, I would have to respectfully decline to send my child for another year at KCS, If You have a preschool-8th grade student with little or limited interest in athletics, you may be Happy with this organization, However if High School is your need, I would have to decline to recommend this organization, on multiple levels, I was/am less than pleased with the academic resources employed by the school, the lack of experience and ability with many, but certainly not all, of the high school educational staff, the lack of guidance and clarity in academic issues, basically if you child is not already an A/B student the likelihood is he/she will be left to their own, the support was academic support is spotty at best. With the failed football program, and future of the athletic program now at a virtual standstill, unless your child s interest is solely academic in nature, and he/she, is a natural born student, I would have to recommend you search further.

Knoxville Christian School 0

Posted October 16, 2009
My son loves his school because it help teaches him about loving god and loving people and doing your very best as a student. As a parent I love the fact that they emphasis it takes a village to raise a child. We are able to see how everyone comes together as a family.

Posted December 06, 2008

Knoxville Christian School 2

Posted January 13, 2008
This school has seen some radical changes since a year ago with the arrival of a new principal and other office staff. We ended up pulling our son out this year due to the unfriendly atmosphere and the acceptance of some students with major behavior problems. It is not worth paying that much money.

Posted December 27, 2007
My oldest son attended KCS over 20 years ago, as did yougest son, and my grandson. I love the school. This school is not for people who are willing to accept a mediocre educations for their children. I must dispute the school expects you to make it your life. I had almost no time to help, and they still were wonderful to my children.

Knoxville Christian School
11549 Snyder Road, Knoxville, TN  37932
Last modified Knoxville Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Knoxville Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top