PK-12|Private
1,005 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My children have attend CAK for three years (one who previously attended public school). I see amazing challenges in their academics, but also their spiritual walk has matured way beyond what I or even our church could offer them. They are both CAK "super-fans" and love to share their testimony of how CAK has changed them (academically and spiritually). What's even more amazing - they are still in elementary school! We cannot say enough great things about CAK!

We have had 3 children at CAK since 2003 and are generally unhappy with the direction of the school. More secular, climbing tuition and a focus on growth over excellence in academics and Christian values. ACT math scores are lower than local public school systems and new Headmaster is a weak administrative and academic leader. His wife is inappropriately involved with the High School and is creating tension between some of the girls there. We will not be returning next Fall as are several other families. Enrollment is falling for many of these reasons. I would really like to see tuition increases stop, spending come in check and a return to a focus on families. There is a higher percentage of non-Christian student families and an increase in focus to drift toward a status prep school that caters to higher income demographics.

Amount of homework: Disagree

too much in 5th-8th grades. Not enough in upper HS. My biggest frustration in the middle school is the lack of direction and communication on homework. This was a very difficult transition for my children. Learning lab is almost a must but seems silly to have to pay MORE for help with homework that teachers should provide. Leadership may need a change here.

Develops character: Neutral

Most teachers really care and show no favoritism. Sports and Administrative leaders are a different story.

My child attended CAK from K-12,and received a superior education.They worked very, very hard and it has all paid off. Overall the teachers were very good. A few were worthless, which is unacceptable, but I think you would find that anywhere. The middle school and high school principals were both very good. Both concerned and accessible.Over time the school became very sports oriented. It did not feel any different than a secular private school. The winning athletes were given preferential treatment. Also, children of families that were big contributors were also shown partiality. I am very thankful that my child could attend CAK , so many of staff members were outstanding Christians and wonderful role models. The juvenile competition among the parents grew tiresome. Who has the best house, vehicle, vacation, plastic surgeon and the list goes on. As a result the children were very competitive and cliques were very much in evidence. The school is very good academically, but it's Christian standards deteriorated significantly over our time there.

A larger private school, that is centrally located in Knoxville. Class sizes average about twenty students per class, with about one hundred students per grade. Grades range from preschool (age 3) to twelfth grade. Throughout all the grades, bible is taught as another subject, and their is weekly chapels. The chapels are led by local worship bands and preachers. Extra curricular activities include math-counts, spelling bees, marching band, and amazing art programs and athletics. The athletic department is in the AA division in most of their sports, and often win the state championships. I love the marching band program.

My 4 kids have been at CAK since kindergarten each. We love this school. Elementary and middle are great and really teach scripture and a biblical world view in every subject. Can't speak too much about high school yet as only a few months of experience but it has academically challenged my kids. Teachers and administration have been approachable. Some teachers much better than others of course (as with any school) but overall excellent. I feel like they have cared for my kids.

My two daughters attended this school in elementary for 3 years. They had no complaints but from a parents point of view I felt constantly hit up from more money (aside from high tuition) and if I didn't donate extra money I felt like I had a check by my name. I began getting concerned academically when I saw a teacher hired that was fired from another school. She is a sweet person but not organized, horrible communicator and when my daughter had her in first grade in public school she was behind others in other first grade classes in comparison. She got A's but when compared to kids in other classes her and her classmates were at a disadvantage. Due to financial restraints we went back to public after three years of CAK and we are very happy. I wouldn't say we hated CAK, it has its benefit with smaller classes but with what you pay you would expect to feel appreciated regardless of "additional" donations made. I also heard in middle school and high school grades athletic placements are often determined by which parents donate the most. Amazing how kids with the most play time have the biggest donations. Hmmm.

CAK is second-rate academically and may as well be secular with regard to Christianity. The administrators are clueless and pander to the rich families for donations. Those families rule the school. One principal in particular is a complete relic. She's cold and controlling and she's in charge of the elementary school! THey do not partner with parents and instead shove stuff down our throats. The board is a rubber stamp organization and vote each other in to stay. There were a few caring teachers and that's the best I have to say. Any good reviews on here were probably written by the administration in desperate attempt to fill the vacancies left by those who leave in droves. My kids hate this school and so do I. Run away.

I graduated this past year after being at CAK since 6th grade. Let me tell you, I am so happy I am done with that school! I was always a straight A student and I am attending Stanford now. I hated CAK so much! All of the teacher act like they do not care about you and I would not recommend this school to ANYONE!

Last modified Christian Academy Of Knoxville is a Private school that serves grades PK-12