Christian Academy Of Knoxville 4

Posted June 29, 2014
My child attended CAK from K-12,and received a superior education.They worked very, very hard and it has all paid off. Overall the teachers were very good. A few were worthless, which is unacceptable, but I think you would find that anywhere. The middle school and high school principals were both very good. Both concerned and accessible.Over time the school became very sports oriented. It did not feel any different than a secular private school. The winning athletes were given preferential treatment. Also, children of families that were big contributors were also shown partiality. I am very thankful that my child could attend CAK , so many of staff members were outstanding Christians and wonderful role models. The juvenile competition among the parents grew tiresome. Who has the best house, vehicle, vacation, plastic surgeon and the list goes on. As a result the children were very competitive and cliques were very much in evidence. The school is very good academically, but it's Christian standards deteriorated significantly over our time there.

Posted January 16, 2014
A larger private school, that is centrally located in Knoxville. Class sizes average about twenty students per class, with about one hundred students per grade. Grades range from preschool (age 3) to twelfth grade. Throughout all the grades, bible is taught as another subject, and their is weekly chapels. The chapels are led by local worship bands and preachers. Extra curricular activities include math-counts, spelling bees, marching band, and amazing art programs and athletics. The athletic department is in the AA division in most of their sports, and often win the state championships. I love the marching band program.

Posted January 13, 2014
My 4 kids have been at CAK since kindergarten each. We love this school. Elementary and middle are great and really teach scripture and a biblical world view in every subject. Can't speak too much about high school yet as only a few months of experience but it has academically challenged my kids. Teachers and administration have been approachable. Some teachers much better than others of course (as with any school) but overall excellent. I feel like they have cared for my kids.

Christian Academy Of Knoxville 3

Posted January 03, 2014
My two daughters attended this school in elementary for 3 years. They had no complaints but from a parents point of view I felt constantly hit up from more money (aside from high tuition) and if I didn't donate extra money I felt like I had a check by my name. I began getting concerned academically when I saw a teacher hired that was fired from another school. She is a sweet person but not organized, horrible communicator and when my daughter had her in first grade in public school she was behind others in other first grade classes in comparison. She got A's but when compared to kids in other classes her and her classmates were at a disadvantage. Due to financial restraints we went back to public after three years of CAK and we are very happy. I wouldn't say we hated CAK, it has its benefit with smaller classes but with what you pay you would expect to feel appreciated regardless of "additional" donations made. I also heard in middle school and high school grades athletic placements are often determined by which parents donate the most. Amazing how kids with the most play time have the biggest donations. Hmmm.

Christian Academy Of Knoxville 1

Posted May 30, 2013
CAK is second-rate academically and may as well be secular with regard to Christianity. The administrators are clueless and pander to the rich families for donations. Those families rule the school. One principal in particular is a complete relic. She's cold and controlling and she's in charge of the elementary school! THey do not partner with parents and instead shove stuff down our throats. The board is a rubber stamp organization and vote each other in to stay. There were a few caring teachers and that's the best I have to say. Any good reviews on here were probably written by the administration in desperate attempt to fill the vacancies left by those who leave in droves. My kids hate this school and so do I. Run away.

Christian Academy Of Knoxville 1

Posted May 30, 2011
I graduated this past year after being at CAK since 6th grade. Let me tell you, I am so happy I am done with that school! I was always a straight A student and I am attending Stanford now. I hated CAK so much! All of the teacher act like they do not care about you and I would not recommend this school to ANYONE!

Posted February 12, 2010
I am a former student and now parent of students at CAK. I started attending the first year it opened in 1977 and graduated in 1986. I now have an elementary and middle schooler. I am very pleased with the education I received, and the education my children are now receiving. It is a strong school academically, spiritually, and socially. Although it has changed dramatically over the years, the change has been for the good. It still maintains the 'small school' feel with wonderful, Godly teachers, but has many 'big school' opportunities. I would HIGHLY recommend CAK to anyone looking for a quality Christian education!

Christian Academy Of Knoxville 2

Posted November 27, 2009
Sadly my experience at CAK has made the Bible a text book and extremely boring to read. I feel as if I get a bad grade on a test i am not only a bad student but a bad christian. I have recently transfered to a public school and I have had the best teachers I have ever had. It is sad that my parents money went to waste on a Christian education when they really turn me away from the Bible.

Posted September 16, 2009
My grandchildren have been in CAK for the last 6-7 years. They are getting a quality education in the things that matter most to our family; i.e., instilling Christian values, encouraging a desire to follow God, caring about and helping others. All children have different educational needs, and CAK teachers are dedicated to helping children overcome their weaknesses as well encouraging the development of their strengths. I'm so very grateful that my children are able to send my grandchildrren to CAK. Grateful Grandma

Christian Academy Of Knoxville 2

Posted July 08, 2009
I cannot recommend CAK to anyone. It was a good school at one time, but it has become sort of a dark place. All of the money seems to go to athletics, and there is a huge emphasis on class (money, cars and street address). Our daughter went there for the Christian part of CAK, but we have been so dissappointed. Much of what CAK promised us with regard to having a Christian educational experience turned out not to be true.

Christian Academy Of Knoxville
529 Academy Way, Knoxville, TN  37923
Last modified Christian Academy Of Knoxville is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Christian Academy Of Knoxville Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top