K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Because they are comitted to the well-being and good education of my grandchildren. They are growing academically and spiritually.

We have 2 children, ages 7 and 10, who attend GCA. They are being given an excellent education both academically and spiritually. I love that in elementary school they are being taught a foreign language, drama, music and art which are critical for a child brain development. We feel it is an investment in our childrens future and the financial strain is worth the sacrific.

This is our 1st year at GCA. We have twin sons in 6th grade and one has some special 'considerations' impacting him at school. I have found the teachers/administrators to be kind. They have (without being asked) made logical accomodations to help my son. I was warned that they wouldn't 'do everything for him that a public school would do' but to the contrary, I have found that their heart has made accomodations for him and we didn't need the law to 'make them' do anything. Cons: too much homework. 6 1/2 hrs. a day of schooling is enough. Need unstructured play time in the afternoons to foster creativity. Monogramed shool shirts and shorts are a big financial burden. Would like to wear plain polos. Put that $ elswhere. Christian school does not mean there aren't any kids being 'mean' to the underdogs.

From our personal experience Grace is a higher quality of learning, and a great first start for young children. We've had two daughters attend the Pre-K program and plan on our son attending there for Pre-K too. Unfortunately, we can't afford to send them there throughout elementary, middle, and high school, I'm sure it's just as wonderful at any level. I am good friends with the art director there and she's terrific, and we've never had a bad teacher; they truly love children, and want them to get a good education. My five year old is already reading, writing, and drawing. She memorized the lords prayer for graduation, and learned important moral lessons throughout the two years she attended. I couldn't ask for a better start for her. -A Pleased Parent-2007

Last modified Grace Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12