Knoxville, TN

Posted October 07, 2014
Excellent school with high academic performance and strong character building, discipline and moral teaching. Kids rank in top 10% on national standard testing.

Posted May 29, 2014
Best kept secret in town! Year after year has top test scores in diocese. My children are thriving and happy in this family-like Catholic school. Great teachers, involved parents and nice kids. Faith formation is top notch, led by the very sweet and beloved religious sisters of Mary. My middle schoolers have learned so much and grown in their faith in amazing ways. Thankful and happy to be blessed to be a part of SJN!

Posted April 24, 2014
This school is excellent, great staff, kids and families who have a genuine interest in the overall wellbeing of the students. The academics are demanding but our daughter is several grade levels above where she should be. The kids are taught to respect authority in a Christian environment. We are not Catholic and there has not been pressure to convert to Catholicism, rather, we have been taught about the Catholic faith and it has been a great learning experience for our family. I read a few of the negative reviews and I think they must have been posted by children who are getting too much homework or don t like a particular staff member. I don t know where they are getting their information but the school is growing and small class sizes are a good thing!!

Posted April 15, 2014
The librarian is rude and demeaning to the students. She is Condescending and inappropriate with her language. Many students cry and are bullied by her on a daily basis. The staff fears her and continues to voice concerns but the administration ignores the complaints.

Posted November 29, 2013
The staff is very attentive and personable. We had a teacher go out of her way to come to our kids baseball games twice just to show support and how much she cares. That is the same attitude given by all of St John Neumann's teaching staff. They care about your child as a person and their academic development. The small class sizes allow for more individual attention per child. I highly recommend the school.

Posted August 20, 2013
This school used to be a good school but not anymore. More people leave the school every year, the classes are getting smaller. I had 3 kids in this school, my oldest stayed there from kinder to the end of 6th grade. The school used to have two classes with 21 or 22 kids per class, now the smaller grades only have 1 class. They don t have enough kids to fill up two rooms. The rest of the grades have between 13 to 15 kids, which makes very hard for your kids to find a good set of friends or fit there. I decided to leave the school because I noticed I was wasting my money. I will always regret not to leave SJNCS even sooner, I could had enriched the live of my kids with the money I wasted in so many other ways. The kids at SJN are not more advanced than any other kids on public school even though the school emphasize that kids are a year or year an a half advance compare with other schools. False. When my son entered first grade, he was behind compare with those kids that came from public kindergarten. Worst of all, three more kids moved to 1st. grade from SJNCS there (that I know) and the three of them were placed on special programs to catch up with the grade. So sad.

Posted August 20, 2013
We have had nothing but positive experiences with St. John Neumann Catholic School. SJN provides a positive, kind and safe environment for kids to thrive and grow both academically and spiritually. The staff truly does a fantastic job meeting the individual needs of the students and providing support to the families. Further, the Special Services teacher is awesome! She does a great job in meeting the individual needs of ALL the kids - working with those that just need a little help as well as providing exceptional support to the Special Needs child. SJN offers many enrichment and sports opportunities including Art, Music, PE, Technology, Band, Drama, Scouts, Cross Country, Volleyball, Soccer, etc. But, most importantly my kids have been given the opportunity to give back to the community with an emphasis on helping others. One of my children recently requested donations of school supplies for the Mission of Hope instead of birthday gifts! My children routinely hold doors and treat people with respect. I feel this has a lot to do with the respect and kindness that they are shown at school. SJN does an awesome job supporting the development of well-rounded children.

Posted July 24, 2013
We have been at St John Neumann for five years and have had a wonderful experience. SJN offers a positive encouraging environment for our children to grow and learn. Both of my school age children have had excellent experiences with their teachers. The teachers and staff genuinely care about the kids. We have been extremely happy and would highly recommend this school. I am anxious for my preschooler to have the awesome experience as her siblings.

Posted November 20, 2012
SJN is not a very good school. Some of those teachers are very mean and do not teach the kids. My children come home with loads of homework that they do not even understand and that I have to teach to them.The discipline is so strict that the overall environment is oppressive. For example, during lunch time if the children are talking to loud they are punished by not having recess/play time. A school management is easly revealed by the courtesy & attention a person is given.The more money you give the more attention you get.Staff will smile to your face, then talk behind your back. This is a very small school, and the unchristian attitude of some staff and teachers has taken over the environment there

Posted February 16, 2012
I have so many great things to say about this school that I don't know where to begin. The curriculum is outstanding & current with today's wireless technology. Students test above & beyond grade level in each & every grade. The staff is warm, nurturing & challenge students to think outside the box. The student/teacher ratio allows for individualized attention & instruction. Extracurricular activities & clubs are abundant. Technology, Spanish, Art, Music, PE & Religion are part of the core curriculum in ALL grades K-8. Enrichment courses include band, photography, literary magazine, drama, etc. Parent involvement is welcome & encouraged. Service projects are abundant & outstanding! The students really get involved with helping others! Last, but most importantly, the Catholic education is priceless! I love this school and sleep easily at night knowing that my husband and I have made the the BEST choice for our child's future. A+++++

St John Neumann School