Posted October 26, 2014
Fantastic school. Teachers, PTA, and principal are terrific. My son is in first grade. He absolutely loves going to school.

Hardin Valley Elementary School 2

Posted March 05, 2012
We moved to this school from South Knoxville and are considering a change to private school. Our son's teacher seems very caring, but the administration is all about test scores. It seems the teachers' hands are tied by the government's liberal agenda. Why does a third grader need to learn about "Unions and Guest Workers?"

Hardin Valley Elementary School 3

Posted February 01, 2012
Good PTA,and involved parents but unfortunately, as with all public schools, due to govt intervention, the kids have to be taught to take a test. Really wish they were able to just teach.

Posted December 18, 2011
We just moved from out of state, and my first grader started at Hardin Valley Elementary. His teacher, Miss Watkins, is teaching the class sign language, Spanish, and many things I wouldn't have thought to be part of the curriculum. I don't know if this is the teacher or the school, but we have been pleased with his progress this year. He looks forward to going to school and has had no bullying or interpersonal issues that some other parents have referenced here. We haven't had a need to interface with the Principal.

Hardin Valley Elementary School 1

Posted August 18, 2011
We have had nothing but regret after enrolling our child at Hardin Valley Elementary School.

Posted September 02, 2010
I have four children and have had at least one child at HVES since 2002, and will be there until 2014! So I will span twelve years at the Elementary School. I have nothing but good things to say about the teachers, staff and the PTA. We are so fortunate to have such an awesome school, and I would do anything to stay in the school district if a move should arise. Everyone is very welcoming at the school, and the strong PTA involvement continues to grow by leaps and bounds. I am proud to be a member!

Posted September 28, 2009

Hardin Valley Elementary School 2

Posted July 26, 2009
My child has been going to Hardin Valley Elementary ever since Kindergarten. I am very unimpressed with the whole school for a matter of fact. The children tackle eachother on the playground , and they are bullying like crazy , this is a result of unaware teachers and staff. The staff and PTA are the snobbiest people you could meet . The teachers are a wide variety though. Some are very kind and caring , while others ca'nt get their heads out of their mirror.

Hardin Valley Elementary School 4

Posted July 12, 2009
We moved to Hardin Valley from out of state last summer. Hardin Valley Elementary made the transition for my daughters to a new state, school, and home smooth and positive. The teacher's are amazing and the administration encourages parent involvement. In the back of my mind, I thought we would end up sending our girls to private school since the reputation for the public schools were so low. Luckily, I was pleasantly surprised and will not move out of this school zone until my girls are out of school.

Hardin Valley Elementary School 4

Posted June 25, 2009
I'm surprised that the Great Schools score for Hardin Valley isn't higher. I'm a parent of a rising 2nd grader at HVES. My child has a learning disability that we've been in therapy for since he was 3 1/2 years old. While we had planned to send our child to a private school, but the economy changed those plans. We have had the most amazing two years at Hardin Valley. Our child has flourished there. As an example, he was reading at a 2nd grade level half way through the 1st grade. While a parent that is involved in my child's learning, I have to give credit to his first two teachers. Both were attentive, flexible with teaching styles, firm where it was needed, positive, and caring. They were simply amazing. Honestly, the weakest link in HVES is the administration. The principal tends to be impulsive and inconstant with decisions.

Hardin Valley Elementary School
11445 Hardin Valley Rd, Knoxville, TN  37932
(865) 470-2088
Last modified Hardin Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hardin Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top