8-12|Private

Bad
Good

Our 7th-grade son who was having difficulty maintaining an interest in school subjects and in getting along with teachers and peers has had a turnaround. After only one week at Walker, he said unsolicited, 'This school is WAY better than last year's school.' He likes the teachers, is doing his work and making Cs, where once before he made Fs. It's a tremendous improvement for him and us.

Our family loves Walker Acadamy, and we're proud to be a part of such a caring community. The teacher's always go above and beyond for the students, because they care deeply and want the students to be successful. My son has gone to Walker since his freshman year. He'll be graduating this year, with a 3.0 GPA! Our daughter went to another private school her freshman year, but joined her brother this year, her sophmore year. She loves it at Walker, she loves the teachers, has lots of friends, and enjoys the relaxed atmosphere. Since the classroom size is small, she's able to get the extra help she needs with her math class. Walker Acadamy feels like home. I feel very blessed to be a part of such a positve school. I am forever endebted to Dr. Walker, and every teacher for all they do, everyday. Thank you!

Walker Academy has salvaged my son's High School education, self esteem and possibly his life. He was failing in public school, was severely depressed and without friends or hope. He had no suitable plans for the future and no plans to attend college. He has started learning again, his grades are up and he plans on college now. The turnaround is remarkable and for the first time in years, he is happy and becomming a helpful and contributing member of society. I love the change I see in him!

Walker Academy is an excellent school which offers individualized attention for students. I was very impressed with the staff, teachers, and administration. They proved to be very caring and attentive to each child s needs. They are very competent in preparing your child for college. I found that Dr. Walker was very available to both parents and students and I sincerely feel that she really cares for each child that comes through this school. I would not hesitate to recommend this school to anyone. My son s comment when I asked him if we had made the right decision to send him to Walker his senior year or should we have just let him finish in public school he said Absolutely without question, Walker was a great school . His learning experience there was unbelievable.

Walker Academy was big dissapointment and I truely regret sending my child to the school. I found the staff reluctant to communicate with me concerning our child. The daily schedule constantly changed, school rules were enforced at the descretion on the indivdual teachers and supervision at times was inadequate to ensure student saftey and well being.

Walker Academy provides an excellent and stimulating academic program for children for whom the normal public school environment hasn't worked. They provide a college prep program for a range of children from those who simply have not succeeded in public schools to those who are not being reached because of their giftedness or their lack of attentiveness or interest. The faculty is able to individualize their program to suit the needs of the child and is willing to deal with even the most challenging situations.

Last modified New Pathway Academy is a Private school that serves grades 8-12