Knoxville, TN

Dogwood Elementary School 3

Posted July 31, 2013
I attended this school for 3 years, and in all of my years I had one absolutely horrid year... Which occurred awhile back I had a total of 4 teachers, which was absolutely ridiculous. However one year I had the best teacher ever!!! I really think it depends on which teacher you get.

Dogwood Elementary School 1

Posted May 30, 2013
The Dogwood staff at this school is the most LAZY, IRRESPONSIBLE, AND INCOMPETENT group ever. They tell you one thing, but then say another. When you go to pick your child up early, they find all kind of excuses from they can't hear through the intercom, they don't know where your child is, blah, blah, blah. It took over a week to receive a letter from the office from an incident that occurred with my child with no previous notice or point of contact made in between that time. They even want to see your pick up tag when you are in front of their face with your freaking ID! What really gets on my nerves is the fact that some of the teachers can be degrading and talk so negatively about your child while your child is right there listening to what they're saying. I'm not keeping my child at this school. There's a reason why this is a LEVEL 1 school. Do your research and talk to other parents that have issues and you'll see what the school really is.

Posted February 14, 2013
To the parent who complained about this school being a joke because of the head lice policy, you should know Knox County changed their policy in 2008 to NOT send kids home with head lice, so this is not school specific. While attending Dogwood, my daughter excelled in all areas. The overall state school report card rating may not be impressive, but the socioeconomics of the area is no doubt a factor. If you believe that education at home goes hand in hand with school, then this would be a great school for your child.

Dogwood Elementary School 4

Posted October 05, 2011
I have 4 children that have attended this school. The staff is excellent and highly-qualified. The environment is very rich in learning. All staff and faculty have an excellent attitude and working relationship, which has lead this school soaring more and more each year.

Dogwood Elementary School 0

Posted April 28, 2010
The teachers truly care for their students and support them during times of family crisis.

Dogwood Elementary School 0

Posted February 18, 2009
I have been teaching at Dogwood for 6 years. This school believes in excellence from the top to the bottom. My teacher peers are the most caring, skilled, and creative educators in the county. I love this school!

Posted July 23, 2008
Dogwood Elementary is an awesome school with a lot more advantages of other schools. The teachers are very caring for each student and listen to your concerns and help with a solution. They have a full computer lab with a morning broadcast show. My son loved Dogwood and his teachers. He did very well and was in the Honor program, TCAPS and such. Do not go by the test scores believe me, if you are willing to work with your child and the tachers, your child will suceed very well at Dogwood. My son is off to middle school now and we will miss Dogwood greatly.

Posted June 18, 2008
This is such a wonderful school with hard working teachers and students that have learned to strive for excellence!

Posted March 16, 2008

Posted February 07, 2008

Dogwood Elementary School
705 Tipton Av, Knoxville, TN  37920
Last modified Dogwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dogwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top