Knoxville, TN

Posted February 25, 2014
Ball Camp is a wonderful school, with many nurturing, hard-working teachers and staff. We have loved our school experiences there. The principal, assistant principal, and support staff are very accessible and really get to know their students as individuals. I have found teacher communication to be excellent, and the classrooms all very inviting.

Posted December 14, 2013
We have had the most amazing experience with our son in Kindergarten this year. He participated in the Cedar Bluff preK program last year, and we had some issues with it, but our experience here has been beyond great! Mrs. Bishop is our son's teacher, and we really feel like she takes her time to know each child and make sure they are getting what they need. She is very energetic, and our son just LOVES her! I have seen an amazing change in his self-discipline and obedience in general, and I know I can attribute it to the way she manages her classroom. Also, we have nothing but great things to say about the staff. The ladies in the office are super sweet, and know our son by name. They are always very gracious when I have to bring my younger two with me because I forgot to give medicine or need to bring lunch for my oldest. The principal is always out and socializing with families during school events. We were planning to send our son to a private school this year, but I am so glad we didn't! It has been a great experience. We love the neighborhood feel of this school, and the staff couldn't be more welcoming!

Posted October 07, 2013
My ladies go to school at Ball Camp Elementary. My youngest is hyperactive and almost everywhere we have been all the teachers just want to put her on meds because of her grade issues. Until this year! She has the most amazing second grade teacher! My oldest daughter adores her third grade teacher as well! It is hard to find a school where two kids can be happy with their teachers and classmates. The school has worked with my girls so much. Before Ball Camp I was looking at having to put my daughter on ADHD meds! Wonderful school!

Posted April 30, 2013
Our family has had a wonderful experience at Ball Camp Elementary so far. We have two boys, grades Kindergarten and 3rd, and can say that our time at Ball Camp Elementary has been great. The community is small, with a close and family-oriented feel to it... similar to what my husband and I experienced as children. We love being a part of the Ball Camp family and look forward to more great years ahead.

Posted August 14, 2012
We love Ball Camp! We moved into this school zone before we had children with plans of moving by the time we had school age children. Boy, am I glad we didn't! With all the over-crowding in the schools around us, this school is a hidden treasure and the teachers and administration are top-notch. Parental involvement is appreciated and encouraged and they put the students first in everything they do.

Posted April 11, 2012
Ball Camp is Knox County's best kept secret. Our TN report card scores are just as high as some of the larger and more popular public schools, but the great thing about BC is it is SMALL. My third grader has 17 kids in her class, 4th grader has 21 in his class. What other wrote is true, the principal is top notch and knows every child, every parent. She even knows my dog! This is like going back in time, in a good way. Very community oriented school and we LOVE it!

Posted February 09, 2012
We just love Ball Camp Elementary. The fifth grade teachers are awesome, especially Mrs. Sullivan!

Ball Camp Elementary School 2

Posted November 18, 2011
Have had a lot of issues with the leadership at this school. We have asked that our child be transfered to another school. Knox County and Ball Camp will not allow the student to transfer since it is "Outside the normal transfer period". If you send your child, do not expect anything special. I have had several kids go throught his school, nieces, nephews older child, but have never had a problem with the school until now. Now we must move to get away from the school.

Posted October 22, 2011
We have loved Ball Camp for the last 3 years. Our children perform at higher than grade level, and we found that their teachers look for opportunities to continue to develop and push them to acheive more. The office staff is caring and the principal is in it to win it. One day last year in the midst of a huge downpour it was the principal who was standing in the rain helping to direct traffic. We feel like Ball Camp is family and couldn't be prouder of this hidden treasure in Knoxville.

Ball Camp Elementary School 4

Posted November 11, 2009
Ball Camp is one of the best kept secrets in Knoxville. The school is small and has a very friendly feel to it. Because of it's size, all of the teachers know the names of almost all of the children. Educationally my child has done very well. She has always scored high on her TCAPS. I know this is because of the wonderful teachers at Ball Camp.

Ball Camp Elementary School
9801 Middlebrook Pk, Knoxville, TN  37931
Last modified Ball Camp Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ball Camp Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top