Knoxville, TN

Posted February 28, 2013
I went to Cedar Bluff Middle School in 2011-2012 2012-2013 for sixth grade and seventh grade. (Unfortunatly I moved out of state) When I went to school the teachers were excellent and took time to help you if you didn't understand, they communicated with parents, and they were aware of what was going on with the student body. The principal enforces rules without being to uptight. Also, the school is extremely good with making sure students have extracurriculars like technology, orchestra, band, basketball, track,golf, cheerleading, dance, and yearbook. If you are looking to move to the Knoxville area I highly suggest moving to a Cedar Bluff zoned area. GO CBMS GIANTS!!! (the basketball team)

Posted March 24, 2009

Posted July 22, 2008

Cedar Bluff Middle School 0

Posted May 11, 2008
I left CBMS after completing the 8th grade in May 2004. I absolutely loved it. The teachers were great, as were all the clubs. I learned to love math, which had previously been my worst subject and have since taken the highest math class that my high school offers (And I am graduating this spring - 2008). I would definitely recommend Cedar Bluff to any parent looking to send their child there. I wouldn't trade my middle school experience for any other.

Posted December 20, 2007
I'm currently in 7th grade at CBMS. I always thought math was not my best subject but, in 6th grade I was put in advanced math with Ms. Schipp. She helped me out a lot but, I was still a bit uncomfortable. This year Mrs. Morrell has help me so much and I feel comfortable in math class now. This school is smaller than the rest and the prinicipal has even been nice. Her children also don't act like they rule the school. I would recomend this school to anyone who wants a good experiance for their child.

Cedar Bluff Middle School 2

Posted January 30, 2007
In the past couple of years this school has completely changed..for the worst. The new principal does not enforce rules, bullies run the school, and the teachers do not communicate to parents at all. If your child is not academically gifted, they do not care about them. Grades never come home and teachers say they are too busy to take the time to communicate. Our daughters both attend and we will likely move to get away.

Posted July 10, 2006
My children moved to Cedar Bluff in Nov 2005. They had been to a school that was so rough that they were afraid to go to school. They never felt threatened or afraid at CBMS. My oldest daughter has ADD and was dealt with very well here. My son who is in 5th grade immediately started doing work that the girls had been doing in 6th and 7th grade at the other school. I went to CBMS over 25 yrs ago and that is part of the reason when we moved to get away from the other school we moved to this area. It is still a great school.

Cedar Bluff Middle School 4

Posted July 09, 2006
I am now an 8th grade student in CBMS. I have attended that school for all three years. In my previous school I had not even learned how to multiply. Luckily with the help of my 6th grade teachers I got all caught up. I even managed a 3.9 GPA that year. In the following year I learned (7th grade) that I had made it into advanced math and reading. It was VERY challenging at first but once again I caught up and finished the school year with a 4.0 GPA. This year I have found out that I am in honors in all my classes except social studies. That is how much I have caught up. I even learned to play the flute. Other related arts we have are art,health,tech ed, gym, orchestra, and chorus. We also have a great technology lab. A basketball,soccer,dance team are some sports we have.

Posted November 08, 2005
- a former student
I was fortunate to have been able to attend this school for a short amount of time. From the first moment I walked into the office, the staff helped me feel right at home. It is half the size of most middle schools in the county (about 500+), has great teachers, great parent involvement, and awesome extracurricular activites. Maybe because the school is smaller, the teachers and staff are not uptight like in other schools and the kids are down to earth as well. I give this school a gleaming five star rating, especially in safety.

Posted July 22, 2005
I'm in the 7th grade at CBMS it's an amazing school. For really smart kids there is special programs, & there's programs for kids who need help with school. It has tons of extracurricular activities! The parents help out a lot with school events, like parties, rewards, & much more! The school is so creative with some of the things they come up with! There is reward days, field day, field trips, dances, & so much more!

Cedar Bluff Middle School
707 North Cedar Bluff Rd, Knoxville, TN  37923
Last modified Cedar Bluff Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Bluff Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top