South Doyle High School 3

Posted February 09, 2014
Whenever I attended this school (My Freshman year) I felt as if the teachers were marvelous and fully dedicated to improve the school. With that being said, the downside to this school are the students. I feel as if half of them actually care about learning while the other half could care less. This school needs to improve the structure upon the students and help them to value education. This is my community school and I wish the best to this school and their improvement.

Posted December 10, 2013
My freshman year I attended South Doyle. Throughout the year I was bullied because of my religion and the fact that I was weaker/smaller than other kids. When my parents took this to the administration, they (the administration) punished me and not the people bullying me. Also, many of the teachers did not care about the students, and only cared about keeping their jobs. South Doyle is truly a horrible school, and I would not reccomend it to anyone. I now attend the L&N STEM Academy, and it is a much better and safer school. The teachers actually care about the students, and the classes are a healthy challenge. Not to mention the use of iPads, which aid with classes. STEM is definitely one of the best schools in Knoxville (and they accept students from counties surrounding Knox).

South Doyle High School 5

Posted October 25, 2013
well we got our computers and there are some students and even teachers that need money for supplies because they are some students who don't have what they need and the teachers have to take time out of their selves and out of their money so we need the money for us to be the best we can be and we are south doyle.

South Doyle High School 5

Posted September 18, 2013
Great school! Great leadership by Mr. Berry and his staff! Great things happening at South-Doyle High School! Plenty of honors and AP classes to choose from. I can't stress enough, if you want your student to succeed, YOU, THE PARENT MUST BE INVOLVED! My son attends SDHS and it has been an awesome experience.

South Doyle High School 4

Posted February 12, 2011
Most of the children at SDHS are wonderful regardless of what Mr Davis and Ms Eaton think or say. According to several friends that teach there, all they hear from Davis and his follower Eaton is negative things about the school, students, and teachers as well as comments how they can fire anyone at any time. With a new administration that truly cares about the children of South Knoxville and bring a positive attitude, the sky is the limit. Unless the current administration is changed, we are going to lose some great teachers and counselors at the end of the year like Karns almost did last year.

South Doyle High School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
I graduated from this school, my son graduated from this school and now my grandson goes there.

South Doyle High School 4

Posted September 16, 2010
I am a student in South Doyle High School right now, and have had nothing but positive experiences here. I am a straight-A student, primarily due to the teachers actually understanding their subject matter, and particularly like the way the school administration handles their duties. This school is farther away from the center of Knox County, and as such, policy changes tend to be somewhat slow. As such, the rules tend to be very relaxed. I also went to Karns High School during my Freshman year, so I have a comparison point - The students are much happier here and are only barely falling behind Karns. The theory that "Working hard at all times of every day of the week makes a good student" is absolute junk. Students do better when not in therapy from unnecessary stress.

Posted April 14, 2010
Im a Current Student at this School it's horrible The teachers can't teach and the prinicpals aren't good authority figures. The only thing that is positive about this school is the College and Career advisor, Mrs. Jackson.

Posted March 24, 2010
When my honor student child transferred to South Doyle the very first day i was worried, walking to the office I saw kids making out in front of the school doors. South Doyle offers many opportunities for kids to go several different pathways after they graduate but the educational experience itself is dismal. Instead of kids earning their grades through hard work and study and actually learning, extra credit is almost a given in every class. If you cant make the grade many of the teachers offer so much extra credit work that a child can turn a F into a B easily even if they fail every test. The extra credit work in many cases has no relation to the subject being taught. My honor students main lesson from S. Doyle w was she didn't have to learn anything, all she had to do was turn in the extra credit.

Posted February 24, 2010
I hate my school. Bullying is such a problem. It seems the troublemakers never get in trouble and the good kids do! The work is a joke and they have basically no exrtracurricular activities. There's no theatre/drama classes or a drama club. I hate it.

South Doyle High School
2020 Tipton Station Rd, Knoxville, TN  37920
Last modified South Doyle High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Doyle High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top