Knoxville, TN
Students enrolled: 1,679
Before care: Yes

Posted October 28, 2014
Having grown up in Farragut and attending FHS from kindergarten to 12th grade, I can never fully express what an amazing experience I've had here. FHS, in my opinion, is the best school in the Knoxville area academically and athletically. There is a strong sense of community within the school and the surrounding town. Everyone is involved and actively engaged in the high school, from the football games to the science/research fair. I can assure anyone that FHS provides a top notch education. In my time at FHS, I took 13 AP courses and countless honors classes, was involved in a varsity sport, and participated in the many clubs the school has to offer. Despite my busy schedule and that of my friends, we still always had a great time both outside and inside of school. I now attend a 4 year research university and can say without a doubt Farragut has prepared me above and beyond my expectations. I will never forget my time as an Admiral, as it truly was one of the best experiences of my life. If you're thinking about sending your child here, talk to some of the awesome teachers at FHS and you will understand what makes this high school special. Once an Admiral, always an Admiral!

Posted August 15, 2014
Farragut is an amazing school with warm, welcoming staff, and brilliant teachers. Anyone would be lucky to go here. The student body is extremely accepting, and cases of bullying are few and far between. Overall, Farragut is an ideal school for anyone eager to learn, and although the coursework can be rigorous, its students leave well prepared for college.

Farragut High School 3

Posted April 14, 2014
This school may be a great school for some students.For the students that do not play the politic game,it is worthlless.If your parents are not a member of the country club group,you don't belong.It's all about money.I just paid $1200.00 for a school trip for the ball team to go to Florida and the kid never saw a field.You people need to worry more about fairness than putting a feather in your hat. I had a daughter drop this school in 1998,simply because of the politics and now a grandson is considering the same action.This is not a school that I would ever reccommend to anyone.

Posted February 23, 2014
We moved here a few years ago from Columbus, Ohio and we couldn't be happier with Farragut Schools. We have two sons at Farragut High School and they absolutely love it. From day one the kids and staff were very welcoming and they felt like they have been there for a long time. We definitely recommend this school.

Farragut High School 4

Posted June 06, 2012
Everyone involved with my child has been extremely caring and helpful and has made us feel like they truly care and want whats best for my child.

Posted June 07, 2011
I've attended six other schools, and Farragut is BY FAR the best. The opportunities and possibilities are endless. It is at this school that I was taught how to succeed. Not only by my teacher's ever-guiding hand, but also in what they didn't do. They encouraged me to grow as an individual and reach for the best and settle for nothing less. My teachers, for the most part, were enthusiastic and enjoyed their job. It was evident in their teaching and attitude the second they stepped into the room. I was also able to feel a sense of community at Farragut, nothing like anything I've ever seen. Though the classes ARE large, the teachers still make an effort to know and help you, and the students and peers are equally encouraging. I've loved my experience at Farragut and will hate to leave this school. Though I'm from all over the country, Farragut will always have my heart.

Farragut High School 3

Posted October 20, 2010
Two words: overcrowded and overrated. My children are now in their 4th year in Farragut schools and we have experienced elementary, intermediate, middle, and now high school here. Overall, I'd say the schools have far too high an opinion of themselves. Although my children are honor students, my oldest daughter struggles with the absurd workload in the high school and, as a result, tells me almost daily how much she "hates" school. There isn't s shred of evidence that having high school teachers who fancy themselves college professors (and treat the students accordingly) in any way prepares students for college. There is nothing wrong with a challenging curriculum, but when you have excellent students struggling to get "B's" with 3 hours of homework a night, there is clearly a need to restore balance and common sense. There is also nothing wrong with allowing children to enjoy their years in high school!

Posted July 08, 2010
My children graduated from Farragut H.S. in 2002 and 2006. One is a CPA and the other a doctoral student in New York City. Both have expressed to me lately how grateful they are for the education they received in the Farragut schools. Both attended selective undergraduate colleges and felt they were well-prepared by what came their way later on. One was of the musical/artsy bent and the other of the more social/traditional bent. Both found a place to belong at FHS due to diversity of the student body and the huge number of sports and clubs. One was in the top 1% and the other in the top 25% -- and both benefitted from the AP program. As parents, we felt active partners in their education and appreciated teachers who expected a lot of them. My children are proud to claim Farragut High School as their alma mater.

Farragut High School 2

Posted November 27, 2009

Posted January 12, 2008

Farragut High School
11237 Kingston Pk, Knoxville, TN  37922
Last modified Farragut High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Farragut High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top