Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

It seems some students are selected to receive less resources than others. You need to be a crying baby to get attestation.

ALL they care about is the TCAP score and fundraising. That is it. They don't care about the student, they don't care about the teachers etc. Most of the teachers are very nice.

I don't know what the parents below are talking about! We just moved here this school year and my son is thriving here...He has met lots of new friends and has an awesome teacher. He said it is easy to make friends here being the new guy. He says--FIS has nice teachers and good, challenging work...He also said the no bullying policy is always emphasized and he has seen NO bullying problems. He also said the principal is very involved. Let's see...the same parent has two children that are being "bullied" at this school....hmmmm. Sounds strange to me...Kids are kids wherever you go...public or private schools...now and when I went to school...I DO NOT believe the principal or teachers at this school would take bullying lightly...My son loves this school and the teachers and staff are wonderful...Kids need to learn how to handle "bullying...which is a word too widely used" and parents can't rely on the schools to solve all their problems if they have a kid who stands out for whatever reason...Kids will be kids...So please don't listen to this negative ranting...This is a great school.

This school is one of the worst! I agree with the previous post about not enforcing the no bullying policy! Nothing is ever done! They tell that they cannot tell you what punishment was given because they know they aren't giving one! Then the situation gets worse and worse and worse! I had to call cops in to get anything done! The principal is incompetent and likes to try to smooth things over to get you to stop pursuing the issue! KEEP PURSUING IT AND KEEP PUSHING! I took my child out put her in private school and know I have another going through the same problems at this school and still nothing being done! This school needs new principals and staff completely! If the bulky tells them they didn't do it then "they must not have done it"! Don't move to this area because you heard it was a good school because believe the cover does not always mean its a good book!

I would not recommend this school. Not only is the school overcrowded but having a no bullying policy and not enforcing it is a big problem. The principles talk a good game but do not follow thru with any punishment for those that bully. Not being from this area has made it difficult for my child to fit in. I don't know what it is about this area but they are not the kind of people we want to be associated with. This unfortunately trickles down to the kids. They are rude and somewhat backward in their way of thinking. Very unfortunate!

I think this schools offers overall a good education. The teachers are very involved and their skills are well utilized. For example, my son has his regular teacher for most of the curriculum, but goes with others kids to a different teacher for math and science. I really cannot see the shortcomings other parents mention here. Having grown up in 30 kids classroom and having thrived, I do not think that is the main issue. Also, there is a lot of homework to the point that sometimes it is very difficult to coordinate that with everyday activities. I see this as a very positive habit to tech. Life is indeed hard for most and better be ready for it right away. Sure, there are things that tick me off from time to time, but nothing is perfect. Overall this school gets my highest ratings.

I don't feel like the kids get to play outside very often in chilly weather. This is not every class, but several have this problem. Kids need to be able to get energy out even when it's 45 degreees. I love their art, music and pe. I don't like that there are so many kids. Students will never be with their friends again and it's hard to make lasting relationships. The teachers see so many students everyday they don't recognize ones from their class only a year ago which really makes a child feel small in a huge school. I am trying to get my child into a school that cares about the student more than a score.

This school is crowded and has no homework unless your child does not complete classwork,but the teachers do encourage and give the students a whole lot of homework. My child has completed almost 1 hour of homework.

If you have a child that needs any extra attention at all in order to be successful, you should reconsider puting him/her in FIS. Upon making any request, the standard response from administrators is that they cannot comply due to the large number of students they have to deal with. The curriculum is good, however, and if your child is a good student without any special needs, the school is outstanding.

the teachers are the best in the world

Last modified Farragut Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.