Posted March 03, 2014
My child has excelled at FMS. It has been a good experience for her as well as for my husband and I. Several of the teachers tutor before or after school without asking for anything in return. Mr. Underwood(6th) was the best math teacher ever. Ms.Rheder gives her time around the clock for her Cspan students. Many teachers come to watch students outside of school at their local CBFO sports events. I am very thankful to the teachers at this school and would recommend it to all who want to see their child succeed.

Farragut Middle School 1

Posted September 22, 2013
Used to think this school was great..... the intermediate school is rude, cold, and heartless now. The principal and staff could care less about the kids anymore. It's all about making nothing less than A's on their report card. If you have a problem or concern, be prepared to have the door slammed in your face. They simply don't care about you or your child!

Posted June 02, 2012
Amazing. Absolutely spectacular. One of the top schools in Tennessee. This is where you should send your children to school.

Posted June 02, 2012
This is an incredible school, with astonishing teachers, parents, and students. I love this place!

Farragut Middle School 2

Posted March 03, 2009
As mentioned by another parent who reviewed FMS, I think that the resource services are terrible. Your student will do fine at this school if they are self starters and need no modifications to the standard teaching practices. The IEP meetings are a nightmare every year. I have found that the vast majority of teachers at the school are not willing to work with special needs students to improve the learning experience if it takes any effort on their part. The school has a reputation for very poor IEP compliance throughout the community - and we all compare notes! Up until very recently, I have scratched my head when people talk about how bad the schools are in TN. I am now NO longer confused. I am giving it 2 stars because not all the teachers are uncaring and the office staff are great.

Farragut Middle School 3

Posted February 11, 2009
Farragut Middle has over 1500 students, the school is very over crowded, one year my kids classroom used to be a storage closet and it still smelled moldy.FMS claimes to be a blue ribbon school, they strive for academic excellence, but many kids that are slow learners or emotionally challenged are going to fall through the cracks. You can't have that many kids and be able to guarrantee every one of them is getting the best education possible. I think the school is lacking greatly in their resource and special education areas. The special ed kids are kept away from the regular ed ones to the point that many of the students don't even realize they have learning disabled children at their school. What kind of real life experience is that? How can these kids grow up in life with no empathy for different from themselves.

Farragut Middle School 1

Posted December 20, 2008

Posted November 08, 2008
Farragut is a good school to go to with good teachers. there are clubs for every student to join and it is very safe. This school may not be the best because it has a clique problem. You are part of that group and on;y that group and joining another clique isn't the easiest. I know it sounds bad but to some its horrible. The school is very large though. YOu may have a hard time adjusting if your child was in asmall private school. Other wise ir is great!!!

Posted August 01, 2008

Farragut Middle School 3

Posted July 18, 2008
I just finished up my three years at Farragut Middle, and am proud to say I made it alive. FMS has a high repuatation to live up to, but what you see on the outside may not always be the same on the inside. There was so much overcrowding at FMS. The classes were huge and sometimes I found it hard to concentrate. The teachers most definitely do not take crap from anyone about anything. They have little respect for students, but there are a small handful of them who I respected greatly because they loved and were great at what they did. The class I suffered most with all three years was Science. I'm not exactly sure what it was, but I just know that I had a lot of trouble with it. All in all, I thought Farragut was great, but it's just not for everybody. Hence CLIQUES.

Farragut Middle School
200 West End Av, Knoxville, TN  37922
Last modified Farragut Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Farragut Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top