Knoxville, TN
Students enrolled: 1,016

Farragut Primary School 2

Posted August 28, 2014
I was not impressed with my son's teacher. But there are too many students and they could not switch him. We had a major problem this year and the teacher blew me off.

Posted March 01, 2014
FPS is a remarkable school! The principals, teachers and staff make the school environment a fun place to be. My son is in 2nd grade with Mrs. Webster. She is highly creative, challenges all students, encourages parent and grandparent volunteers to help in the classroom and is very loving with the children. She has high expectations for all children and creates a positive, comfortable learning environment. Her assignments are meaningful to the students and she connects what they learn to their lives. She was Tennessee Teacher of the Year in 2002, and it is obvious why she earned this award. She has been a blessing to my son this year.

Farragut Primary School 2

Posted September 24, 2013
I am not very happy with the staff answering the phone anytime I may call about my child. They are not helpful, and rush the conversation. I am a very laid back individual and they care more about the teachers than the students at this school! "Teachers Union" I am looking to transfer my child!

Posted June 17, 2013
My don is entering second grade at FPS, and I can't say enough great things! The speech department is amazing, he was corrected in 2 months, the guidance counselor is so passionate about her job, and all of the teachers truly care and want to be there! There is plenty of help and parent volunteers, so, although the school is a bit crowded, our son has never felt left out. This experience has been so great, I hope it continues for our other child.

Posted August 16, 2012
This is one of the best if not the best primary school in east Tennessee. I have a 5 year old son who started Kindergarten this year. His teach Mrs. Proffitt is sought-after and the few times I've met her and her aid, Ms Wagle, I've been very impressed with their outgoing nature and eager to dive right into getting to know the kids. My son's first day was today and he was all smiles from the time I dropped him off until the time my wife picked him up. Add a first-rate staff, highly trained and experienced new principal and assistant principal and you have the best primary school you could ever hope to send your children to. I have two younger sons who have yet to start school and I can't wait for them to start Kindergarten at FPS. We can't hide our dolphin pride!

Posted March 13, 2012
Wonderful School. My son is currently going to this school as a Kindergartener. We have just moved to the area from another part of Tennessee. He was not getting challenged enough at his other school and was getting bored. So I checked the school scores before enrolling him in a public school in Knoxville. By far Farragut schools scored better than most schools in the same area of West Knoxville. He is doing great and loves his teacher(Mrs. Proffitt) she is a great teacher and pays great attention to her kids and works with them in all areas. He is in Kindergarten and doing great in addition and fractions. Reading is awesome too. We are looking forward to his first grade year at this school.

Farragut Primary School 3

Posted June 30, 2010
My child will be in Second Grade this fall. We hope she gets a really good teacher. Her Kindergarden Teacher was wonderful, 1st Grade was a big disappointment. Homework almost every night was a bit overwhelming.

Posted December 12, 2008
I have/have had children in this school. One has a moderate learning disability and the others are average/above average students. All of my children received an excellent education. Even though the school is packed with students they are not stingy with their services (speech, resource, etc.). The resource and speech teachers are outstanding. Mrs. Wells knows exactly what's going on in the heads of the kids with learning disabilities. She teaches each student according to their learning style and the results are fantastic. Miss Mimi ensures that children feel safe and teaches life lessons with puppets - the kids love it. Mrs. Craze, the principal, works with parents to ensure the success of their children. My negative experiences have involved the library staff. At times I am amazed at how nasty they can be to both the children and the volunteers. Perhaps it's time for the current staff to retire.

Posted November 24, 2008
I have been teaching at F.P.S. for seven years and I plan to stay! It is truly a blessing to work with such caring, professional staff members. I would definitely send my own sons to F.P.S!

Posted October 01, 2008