Posted November 27, 2012
I am the grandmother that just wrote a review, sadly I could not cover all area's in my first review.To continue...going into to office you can come accoss what I believe is the main secretary, this is a very unpleasant woman. She is not friendly nor is she kind. Guess you have to be in the P.T.A. or a Mother that gives a lot of free time to this school to get any kind of kindness. Sadly this is a money school, they spend more time on advertising & promoting than on education. And do nothing about bullying.

Posted April 26, 2010

Posted July 29, 2008
I have two children at Halls Elementary School. My son just finished the 5th Grade and will be starting Halls Middle School in the fall. I have been VERY pleased with this school, the teachers, and the principals. The teachers make reading very important part of learning at this school and it shows in our grades and TCAP test results for my son. He has been in the TAG program every year he has been at Halls and I have been very pleased with the teachers and the activities he has been involved with. Parent involvement---I have always been welcome in the classroom, with ideas, and been involved with both of my children in their classrooms. I have been very happy with Halls and fill as though it is an excellent stepping stone for my children's education. Thank you to the teacher's and staff--Keep up the good work!

Posted April 10, 2008

Halls Elementary School 0

Posted November 23, 2007
My children have been going to Halls Elementary since Kingergarden..The staff are wonderful..Great community to raise your children...I couldn't ask for a better school. Mother of Two

Posted September 26, 2007
We moved from another Knox county school in which direct parental involvement with each class was strongly encouraged. We were able to easily keep track of what our children were learning and of any difficulties they may be having. At the previous school, we were not only made feel like our presence was accepted, but also appreciated as well. The teachers there really seemed to pay attention to the needs of the individual child. Never once did I feel like my child's abilities and good behaviors were overlooked. Unfortunately, our experience with Halls Elementary has been the polar opposite, and we are deeply disappointed so far. The principal at Halls seems distant and unwilling to interact directly with parents,and my children's teachers seem to be completely unconcerned with the children as individuals. Since I am writing this review six weeks into the year, I have hopes that my opinions will change.

Halls Elementary School 0

Posted August 18, 2007
My daughter is in first grade now at HES and I would not have her go anywhere else. The teachers are wonderful. They really put in the effort to make sure no child is left behind. I think it is just awesome how the principal really enforces reading and makes it fun to learn. There is also extracurricular activities that all students get involved in. WOW... that is great. Thanks HES for all your hard work!!!!!!!!!

Posted August 14, 2007

Posted July 13, 2007
As a former student of HES I can tell by personal experience that this school is wonderful for learning. They always try to keep the community involved with the school, and it gives that home-like feeling. My first few years of school were rough because of panic attacks, but the entire staff at the school helped me through my problems. When I'm old enough I would definately consider my children attending HES. Read, Read, Read, and Read some more!

Posted July 16, 2006

Halls Elementary School
7502 Andersonville Pk, Knoxville, TN  37938
Last modified Halls Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Halls Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top