Knoxville, TN

Halls Elementary School 1

Posted November 27, 2012
I am the grandmother that just wrote a review, sadly I could not cover all area's in my first review.To continue...going into to office you can come accoss what I believe is the main secretary, this is a very unpleasant woman. She is not friendly nor is she kind. Guess you have to be in the P.T.A. or a Mother that gives a lot of free time to this school to get any kind of kindness. Sadly this is a money school, they spend more time on advertising & promoting than on education. And do nothing about bullying.

Posted July 29, 2008
I have two children at Halls Elementary School. My son just finished the 5th Grade and will be starting Halls Middle School in the fall. I have been VERY pleased with this school, the teachers, and the principals. The teachers make reading very important part of learning at this school and it shows in our grades and TCAP test results for my son. He has been in the TAG program every year he has been at Halls and I have been very pleased with the teachers and the activities he has been involved with. Parent involvement---I have always been welcome in the classroom, with ideas, and been involved with both of my children in their classrooms. I have been very happy with Halls and fill as though it is an excellent stepping stone for my children's education. Thank you to the teacher's and staff--Keep up the good work!

Posted November 23, 2007
My children have been going to Halls Elementary since Kingergarden..The staff are wonderful..Great community to raise your children...I couldn't ask for a better school. Mother of Two

Halls Elementary School 1

Posted September 26, 2007
We moved from another Knox county school in which direct parental involvement with each class was strongly encouraged. We were able to easily keep track of what our children were learning and of any difficulties they may be having. At the previous school, we were not only made feel like our presence was accepted, but also appreciated as well. The teachers there really seemed to pay attention to the needs of the individual child. Never once did I feel like my child's abilities and good behaviors were overlooked. Unfortunately, our experience with Halls Elementary has been the polar opposite, and we are deeply disappointed so far. The principal at Halls seems distant and unwilling to interact directly with parents,and my children's teachers seem to be completely unconcerned with the children as individuals. Since I am writing this review six weeks into the year, I have hopes that my opinions will change.

Posted August 18, 2007
My daughter is in first grade now at HES and I would not have her go anywhere else. The teachers are wonderful. They really put in the effort to make sure no child is left behind. I think it is just awesome how the principal really enforces reading and makes it fun to learn. There is also extracurricular activities that all students get involved in. WOW... that is great. Thanks HES for all your hard work!!!!!!!!!

Posted July 13, 2007
As a former student of HES I can tell by personal experience that this school is wonderful for learning. They always try to keep the community involved with the school, and it gives that home-like feeling. My first few years of school were rough because of panic attacks, but the entire staff at the school helped me through my problems. When I'm old enough I would definately consider my children attending HES. Read, Read, Read, and Read some more!

Posted March 27, 2006
Both of my children go to Halls Elementary and love it. The teachers there are wonderful to work with each child individually and send examples of work home if they are stuggling in a certain area to let the parents know the child needs help. They make it fun for the kids to learn. They welcome parents to come to school to help in classrooms, eat lunch with their children, help in the library, etc.--as long as you check in the office first.

Halls Elementary School 4

Posted March 16, 2006
The teachers at HES are great! They certainly put in the overtime to make lessons engaging for the kids. My son had a great experience in 3rd grade. All the teachers were very consistent with with their expectations for the students, and my son learned a lot about being independent and responsible for his own learning. I only wish there was a better discipline plan for some students. The teachers I know do the best they can, but they don't seem to have much back-up from administration. Overall, though, it is a great school.

Posted August 03, 2005
Two of my sons attended Halls Elementary. The teachers are willing to take time and meet with parents. The principal knows each 'kiddo' by name. There is a real sense of family at Halls. We moved a year ago and although we've found good schools in another state, we still miss HES.

Posted April 04, 2005
great school my kids go there. their leader mrs maland is in love w/ reading they read all the time so much reading invold w/ homework ect.

7502 Andersonville Pike, Knoxville, TN  37938
Last modified Halls Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Halls Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top