Knoxville, TN

Posted May 28, 2014
This school is truly the best school in Knox County. All those writing negative reviews have had one experience that they didn't win, or the teacher cared enough to be strict. Don't write bad reviews because you didn't get exactly want you wanted. I am a student, and third generation attendee of Halls, and it continues to impress me. Great organizations such as the band, basketball team, baseball team, cheerleaders, track, and nationally renown softball team, make this a truly diverse in extra-curricular activities school! This school is in the TOP 10% in the State of Tennessee!

Posted October 04, 2011
I am currently a senior at Halls High and I feel that it is the best public school in Knoxville. Last year, after taking two semesters of chemistry, I aced the AP test and got a five, the highest possible score. The teachers are helpful and caring and the extra-cirriculars are awesome (with the exception of the football team). I can honestly say that I would rather be a student at Halls than at Webb, where the affluence of the faculty and the students alike is overwhelming, and the cost could send a student to an Ivy League to get a bachelor's degree. The only concern I have is that only about half the students in each grade is able to maintain above a C average, and only about half of those students are in honors or AP courses, but my guess is that most of the students who have a 2.0 GPA or lower either don't care about their education or are in the wrong classes for their intelligence level.

Halls High School 3

Posted July 30, 2010
I am now an entertainment representative for the oldest and most world renown talent agency in the world. Having been a graduate from Halls High School earlier in the decade I must honestly say this school had absolutely nothing to do with my success. It took me getting far away from this school and town to actually realize that there is a world out there far greater than the walls of Halls. But kudos to Halls High and many of the people that attended during my tenure, for if it was not for once being on the inside, I wouldn't fully comprehend how great it is being on the outside looking in, and would never fully appreciate where I am today. If you have the extra income, consider Webb School, or spend the extra 80 grand on a house zoned for Farragut High. If not, get a better job. -Alumni 2004

Halls High School 1

Posted July 29, 2010
How could you possibly know the quality and dedication of every teacher in every school system in the state of TN. Here this guy is in the Air Force Academy and has not learned to THINK!. That is what the concern are by the parents. Teaching students ti inquire, think and solve problems, and not becoming a robot that enters the military. The teachers at Hall do not stress the highest level of pedagogy and that is synthesis and analysis. Unfortunately, the fellow at the Air Force Academy demonstrates this in spades by his lack of logic and poor analytical ability. That is scary in itself!!

Posted March 10, 2010

Halls High School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
The teachers are awesome and my niece loves going to school each day.

Halls High School 1

Posted April 23, 2009

Posted April 14, 2009
I am a 2007 graduate of Halls. I am now a sophomore at the United States Air Force Academy. I feel many negative reviews about Halls High have come from parents that don't see how the school's faculty and administration tirelessly work for the benefit of its' students day to day. My experience was overall a very positive one. From what I saw the majority of the faculty were always concerned for the wellfare of the students. I was a part of the honors and advanced placement programs at Halls and felt like the academic curriculum prepared me for the rigorous courses I now take at the academy. I also feel that the faculty for the honors and AP courses are some of the most dedicated and caring instructors in the state. I believe Halls is an excellent school to prepare anyone for a successful future in any and all endeavors.

Posted December 10, 2008
Having experienced the teachers and administration at Halls High for two years now, I have nothing but positive things to say about both. I am especially impressed with the principal, who seems to be both caring and 'Down to earth.' He has always been pleasant and helpful. In addition, Mrs. Webber who has taught both of my children in Honor's English is truly a fantastic, dedicated teacher, and Halls is lucky to have her. Certainly, everyone of the staff members that I have dealt with at Halls have been positive and kind. Furthermore, the curriculum at Halls is extremely challenging, and I feel that my children are getting a top quality education.

Posted December 05, 2008
The staff at Halls is one of the best in Knox Co. English and Math departments are above average. Many parents get too caught up in the politics. Mostly good kids go to Halls, and it is a good learning environment. They pay a lot of attention to extra curricular activities.

Halls High School
4321 East Emory Rd, Knoxville, TN  37938
Last modified Halls High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Halls High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top