Bad
Good

This school is truly the best school in Knox County. All those writing negative reviews have had one experience that they didn't win, or the teacher cared enough to be strict. Don't write bad reviews because you didn't get exactly want you wanted. I am a student, and third generation attendee of Halls, and it continues to impress me. Great organizations such as the band, basketball team, baseball team, cheerleaders, track, and nationally renown softball team, make this a truly diverse in extra-curricular activities school! This school is in the TOP 10% in the State of Tennessee!

I am currently a senior at Halls High and I feel that it is the best public school in Knoxville. Last year, after taking two semesters of chemistry, I aced the AP test and got a five, the highest possible score. The teachers are helpful and caring and the extra-cirriculars are awesome (with the exception of the football team). I can honestly say that I would rather be a student at Halls than at Webb, where the affluence of the faculty and the students alike is overwhelming, and the cost could send a student to an Ivy League to get a bachelor's degree. The only concern I have is that only about half the students in each grade is able to maintain above a C average, and only about half of those students are in honors or AP courses, but my guess is that most of the students who have a 2.0 GPA or lower either don't care about their education or are in the wrong classes for their intelligence level.

I am now an entertainment representative for the oldest and most world renown talent agency in the world. Having been a graduate from Halls High School earlier in the decade I must honestly say this school had absolutely nothing to do with my success. It took me getting far away from this school and town to actually realize that there is a world out there far greater than the walls of Halls. But kudos to Halls High and many of the people that attended during my tenure, for if it was not for once being on the inside, I wouldn't fully comprehend how great it is being on the outside looking in, and would never fully appreciate where I am today. If you have the extra income, consider Webb School, or spend the extra 80 grand on a house zoned for Farragut High. If not, get a better job. -Alumni 2004

How could you possibly know the quality and dedication of every teacher in every school system in the state of TN. Here this guy is in the Air Force Academy and has not learned to THINK!. That is what the concern are by the parents. Teaching students ti inquire, think and solve problems, and not becoming a robot that enters the military. The teachers at Hall do not stress the highest level of pedagogy and that is synthesis and analysis. Unfortunately, the fellow at the Air Force Academy demonstrates this in spades by his lack of logic and poor analytical ability. That is scary in itself!!

The teachers are awesome and my niece loves going to school each day.

I am a 2007 graduate of Halls. I am now a sophomore at the United States Air Force Academy. I feel many negative reviews about Halls High have come from parents that don't see how the school's faculty and administration tirelessly work for the benefit of its' students day to day. My experience was overall a very positive one. From what I saw the majority of the faculty were always concerned for the wellfare of the students. I was a part of the honors and advanced placement programs at Halls and felt like the academic curriculum prepared me for the rigorous courses I now take at the academy. I also feel that the faculty for the honors and AP courses are some of the most dedicated and caring instructors in the state. I believe Halls is an excellent school to prepare anyone for a successful future in any and all endeavors.

Having experienced the teachers and administration at Halls High for two years now, I have nothing but positive things to say about both. I am especially impressed with the principal, who seems to be both caring and 'Down to earth.' He has always been pleasant and helpful. In addition, Mrs. Webber who has taught both of my children in Honor's English is truly a fantastic, dedicated teacher, and Halls is lucky to have her. Certainly, everyone of the staff members that I have dealt with at Halls have been positive and kind. Furthermore, the curriculum at Halls is extremely challenging, and I feel that my children are getting a top quality education.

The staff at Halls is one of the best in Knox Co. English and Math departments are above average. Many parents get too caught up in the politics. Mostly good kids go to Halls, and it is a good learning environment. They pay a lot of attention to extra curricular activities.

I have two children, one went to Halls High and the other now in Gibbs. I myself am college educated, successful in my profession and meet the financial status quo for Halls but can say that Halls is a pit for failure. There are a few teachers who show true concern and effort, but the Majority uncaring rude teachers far outway their efforts. The administration is unhelpful and uncaring. They only get involved when forced or begged to, the atmosphere there is far from what any parent would want. I am completely disappointment all around and all the students come away with poor attitudes, social skills, and only a hand full with good education and learning skills. The teachers lack the desire to truly teach nor realize the effect they have on the individuals they are suppose to be teaching. money can't buy respect, responsibility, compassion, nor knowledge. Halls 'F'

I have had 2 kids in this school and 3 to come. I wish the school board would do something about this very uncareing school. They dont care about the kids and if they learn. I have never seen anything like it. Someone needs to do something. It is about the kids after all not just a pay check. If I could I would give this school a big fat F.

Last modified Halls High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.