Knoxville, TN
Students enrolled: 1,216

Karns Elementary School 3

Posted February 16, 2012
My son had this same teacher in the fourth grade and we loved her. She was a lot of fun and she is a very good teacher. He learned a lot and did very well in the fith grade.

Posted March 30, 2011
I have 3 children. All three attended this school and I have been pleased with every experience. I love this school. They have wonderful teachers who care about the students. The parents in this area are always so involved.

Posted January 15, 2011
Karns is great!! I have two children who attend Karns and I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school. It has an administration that listens to parents and seems to really work at making it a great school. The teachers are dedicated and energetic. I have driven by many times after hours and seen many of them still there working!! Families....Wow! Parents are involved and interested in making the school great. Hope you will get the chance to experience Karns first hand.

Posted October 13, 2010
They build relationships between parent teacher, student and academics. They believe in building self esteem, promoting positive character traits and values. My grandaughter is the fith generation to attend this school, and although the staff and building has changed, the foundation still remains!

Posted September 18, 2009
My son is in the 3rd grade a t Karns and is in his 4th year there. We have had nothing but exceptional teachers - Mrs. Knight, Mrs. Berrier, Mrs. Wiley, Mrs. Byrd. We are relocating with a job change out of state and saying goodbye to this school and it's students and staff will be one of the saddest things we do.

Posted March 03, 2009
Having held a position of employment that has allowed me the opportunity to have first hand knowlege and rapport with several Knox County schools and their faculty, I feel I have a unique point of view as to how Karns Elementary stacks up against the others in our county. Sadly, I beleive Karns is average at best. Certainly, there are some stand-out staff at Karns but as a whole Karns lacks the spirit and pride I have witnessed from other schools in our county and I beleive that spirit and pride either originates or fails to originate with the staff. Kudos to Mr. Grimac. I don't have a child in his class but when you drive by the playground its obvious who loves his job!

Posted February 12, 2009
Both of my children have attended Karns Elementary.The teachers there are awesome and always ready to go that extra mile if a student needs help.And the best thing is parents are always welcome.

Posted January 01, 2009
My daughters have all attended Karns Elementary, and we haven't had a bad teachers. The PTA program is very strong, and the teachers appear to have everything they need.

Posted November 29, 2008
my granddaughters have lived with me for 6 years and they both love Karns Elementary. The teachers that we have been involved with really seem great.

Posted August 09, 2008
My son is excited that school is getting ready to start! I believe it has alot to do with the staff at Karns Elementary! He will be a first grader at Karns. He loved his kindergarten teacher (Ms. Houser) and is looking forward to getting to know his new 1st grade teacher. I always feel welcome when I come to school to eat lunch with him or to help with activities.

8108 Beaver Ridge Road, Knoxville, TN  37931
Last modified Karns Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Karns Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top