Bad
Good

Karns Middle School 1

Posted September 16, 2014
Highly dislike this school. The teachers and asst principal will stand behind the bullies and treat the one being bullied as the bad person in the situation. The teachers have their "favorites" and treat the others awful. I would never suggest this school to anyone. If you are moving here, AVOID this school!!!

Posted April 24, 2010
I am grateful to the KMS teachers and principal for excellent coomunication and guidance. Our child is doing very good in this school. I admire the effort of special education teachers. After relocation, last year our son first got in touch with his sp. ed. teacher (Mr. Champion), and we could see the change. All the teachers (science, reading, math, language arts, social studies, related arts, etc.) are very sincere and dedicated to the kids. Thank you all for your support.

Posted April 22, 2010
They do a fantastic job with the children. my daughter loves the staff and the facility very

Posted February 18, 2010
As a grandparent at this school who volunteers and sees the programs and the students on a regular basis, I can truly say that the climate is healthy and that with the new principal the entire staff is more aware of their surroundings and safety is a plus factor.

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers are awesome and really care about the kids.

Karns Middle School 4

Posted September 16, 2009
The kids are GREAT and the teachers are sincerly dedicated to teaching.

Posted July 16, 2009
My child went 2 years to Karns Middle and I can't say I was impressed with the teaching staff in general. There were some teachers that seemed to really care about the students and their academics but too many seemed to just be there for a job or buying time to retirement. My son liked the school but I don't believe he was in the best of schools, but maybe it is OK for the standards set in this state/county. I definitely think those standards could be higher. Over all I think it is an OK school but hope it will continue to improve.

Posted July 15, 2009
I have attended this school for two years now, meaning I will be going into the eighth grade, and both years have been absolutely amazing for me. Most students say they hate school and what-not, not me. I'm one of the very few that love going to school, not just for seeing my friends but for the learning, life skills, extracurricular activities, etc. Yes, I had my moments where I wasn't all too pleased with the school, but the rest of the time, I love being there. My opinion, the Karns schools are the best schools I've attended throughout my childhood and teen years.

Posted March 28, 2008
Karns Middle School is the best school ever because all of the teachers don t just do their jobs but exceed them. They are always trying to do as much as possible to help you, and the lessons they teach are breathtaking it s not what they teach but how they teach it, they make it so fun. It s not just the teachers that are magnificent but the whole Karns Middle School staff is great. The students at school are always ready to lend a hand and they are caring too. I guess you could say they follow every rule of character counts. The students act like they ve known you forever even if they don t even know your name. Overall I would declare that this is an A+ school , you are extremely fortunate if you get to go to this school, Karns is the best school ever!

Posted January 10, 2008
This school is like no other I have ever seen! It is amazing! The teachers are so helpful and truly care about the kids. The students are great kids and the behavior problems are very minimal. I would highly reccomend this school to any family who is looking for a great school.

2925 Gray Hendrix Road, Knoxville, TN  37931
Last modified Karns Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.