Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted December 01, 2015
My children are thriving here. I really appreciate feeling welcome at the school every time I walk through the door.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 01, 2015
Thanks to Mrs. Miller for the amazing growth and love of learning I am seeing in Lyla. Thanks to Mrs. Pennell for helping Avery continue to succeed. Thanks to Mrs. Hodges for the great atmosphere and education Avery received last year. And thanks to Ms. Donna for all of your hard work. You all are GREAT!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted December 01, 2015
I have a kindergartener and a 2nd grader. The amount of growth I have seen in the first few months of kindergarten has wowed me. My 2nd grader continues to excel. She is now reading above 3rd grade level (into 5th grade content). I am extremely pleased with our teachers at MOES!!!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 01, 2015
My daughter is in second grade. Her homework for the week is sent home on Monday and due on Friday. She can pick which two assignments she wants from the packet (at least 1 math) daily. It never takes her more than 20 min to complete. MOES is very active with the Accelerated Reader program. The amount of homework given allows her plenty of time for reading as well.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 01, 2015
The students educational and personal needs are met based on individuality. I see genuine care for each student from the teachers and staff at MOES.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 01, 2015
I volunteer often at the school and have seen firsthand that ALL beliefs are honored and respected. The students mission statement is: I will be responsible for making good choices, learning all I can, and being a good citizen today. The school also teaches the children all aspects of character and integrity with their "Character Counts" awards.

Mt Olive Elementary School 1

Posted February 12, 2015
I recently moved and had my children zoned to this school. I know people that went there as children and had heard nothing bad about it when they were enrolled. My problem is that I am an atheist and I bring my children up with a mindset of "Everyone has an opinion on religion and no one is wrong. Religion is just that, an opinion". But they both get ridiculed for it. It is mostly by students but I feel Mt. Olive nurtures this environment. I see the evidence in the songs the make them sing in music and they way they approach hard to answer questions. I am in the processes of putting a stop to this even though my children are being removed form the school upon my request.

Posted September 21, 2010
it is a great school everyone there really cares about the kids and are ready to help in any way.

Posted August 05, 2010
Absolutely a wonder ful school! Don't let the 'great schools' score fool you. I have one child who has completed Mt. Olive and another one just getting started. This school is a hidden gem! The teachers love the kids, motivate them to learn, and enjoy getting to know them. By the 2nd grade, all of the teachers knew my child's name. Can't say enough good things about Mt. Olive!

Posted September 17, 2009
There staff are caring for the children even after they have moved on to middle, and high school. They encourage their children to excel in life.

2507 Maryville Pike, Knoxville, TN  37920
Last modified Mt Olive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.