Knoxville, TN

Mt Olive Elementary School 1

Posted February 12, 2015
I recently moved and had my children zoned to this school. I know people that went there as children and had heard nothing bad about it when they were enrolled. My problem is that I am an atheist and I bring my children up with a mindset of "Everyone has an opinion on religion and no one is wrong. Religion is just that, an opinion". But they both get ridiculed for it. It is mostly by students but I feel Mt. Olive nurtures this environment. I see the evidence in the songs the make them sing in music and they way they approach hard to answer questions. I am in the processes of putting a stop to this even though my children are being removed form the school upon my request.

Posted September 21, 2010
it is a great school everyone there really cares about the kids and are ready to help in any way.

Posted August 05, 2010
Absolutely a wonder ful school! Don't let the 'great schools' score fool you. I have one child who has completed Mt. Olive and another one just getting started. This school is a hidden gem! The teachers love the kids, motivate them to learn, and enjoy getting to know them. By the 2nd grade, all of the teachers knew my child's name. Can't say enough good things about Mt. Olive!

Mt Olive Elementary School

Posted September 17, 2009
There staff are caring for the children even after they have moved on to middle, and high school. They encourage their children to excel in life.

Posted April 01, 2009
My daughter and son go Mt. Olive. They love the school and the teachers. My oldest son went to Rocky Hill, I prefer Mt. Olive over Rocky Hill. The teachers and staff at Mt. Olive care about the children and help them, they didn't seem to care at Rocky Hill. My daughter reads at a 8th grade level in 2nd grade and my son is reading in Kindergarden and adding and subtracting. I love this school!

Posted August 03, 2008
We moved here in at the beginning of the school year last year from OH. My daughter's education has improved ten fold! Classes are more challenging, but the children are able to handle it due to small class sizes and alot of one on one attention from teachers. This is such a great school, that I will miss it when she goes to Jr. High.

Posted February 27, 2007
We recently had to relocate from TN to CO, leaving Mt.Olive. My fourth grader is 1.5 years ahead. The teachers worked much harder to push my first grader to learn to read at Mt. Olive. Mt. Olive is a spectacular school. I can't find a school in CO that comes close in quality or teacher to studnet ratios.

Mt Olive Elementary School 4

Posted January 10, 2006
My daughter has attended Mt. Olive Elementary School since kindergarten. She has always been very happy there and has never had a complaint about how the teachers treat her. My experience has been a positive one. The teachers have always been available to speak with me or if needed schedule a conference. The school is very structured and intuned to many different needs for all the children. My daughter has had Art, Choir and Gym since she has been there. The Accellerated Reader program is awesome. One is of the most important support groups is the support that is received from the PTA for fund raising and to help provide many upgrades to the school. Mt. Olive has also recently began an after school program. We had considered on moving to a different location but promised my daughter we would not move until she finished elementary school.

Mt Olive Elementary School
2507 Maryville Pike, Knoxville, TN  37920
Last modified Mt Olive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mt Olive Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top