Bad
Good

My children are thriving here. I really appreciate feeling welcome at the school every time I walk through the door.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have a kindergartener and a 2nd grader. The amount of growth I have seen in the first few months of kindergarten has wowed me. My 2nd grader continues to excel. She is now reading above 3rd grade level (into 5th grade content). I am extremely pleased with our teachers at MOES!!!

Amount of homework: Agree

My daughter is in second grade. Her homework for the week is sent home on Monday and due on Friday. She can pick which two assignments she wants from the packet (at least 1 math) daily. It never takes her more than 20 min to complete. MOES is very active with the Accelerated Reader program. The amount of homework given allows her plenty of time for reading as well.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I volunteer often at the school and have seen firsthand that ALL beliefs are honored and respected. The students mission statement is: I will be responsible for making good choices, learning all I can, and being a good citizen today. The school also teaches the children all aspects of character and integrity with their "Character Counts" awards.

I recently moved and had my children zoned to this school. I know people that went there as children and had heard nothing bad about it when they were enrolled. My problem is that I am an atheist and I bring my children up with a mindset of "Everyone has an opinion on religion and no one is wrong. Religion is just that, an opinion". But they both get ridiculed for it. It is mostly by students but I feel Mt. Olive nurtures this environment. I see the evidence in the songs the make them sing in music and they way they approach hard to answer questions. I am in the processes of putting a stop to this even though my children are being removed form the school upon my request.

it is a great school everyone there really cares about the kids and are ready to help in any way.

Absolutely a wonder ful school! Don't let the 'great schools' score fool you. I have one child who has completed Mt. Olive and another one just getting started. This school is a hidden gem! The teachers love the kids, motivate them to learn, and enjoy getting to know them. By the 2nd grade, all of the teachers knew my child's name. Can't say enough good things about Mt. Olive!

There staff are caring for the children even after they have moved on to middle, and high school. They encourage their children to excel in life.

My daughter and son go Mt. Olive. They love the school and the teachers. My oldest son went to Rocky Hill, I prefer Mt. Olive over Rocky Hill. The teachers and staff at Mt. Olive care about the children and help them, they didn't seem to care at Rocky Hill. My daughter reads at a 8th grade level in 2nd grade and my son is reading in Kindergarden and adding and subtracting. I love this school!

We moved here in at the beginning of the school year last year from OH. My daughter's education has improved ten fold! Classes are more challenging, but the children are able to handle it due to small class sizes and alot of one on one attention from teachers. This is such a great school, that I will miss it when she goes to Jr. High.

Last modified Mt Olive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.