Posted August 08, 2014
My daughter is starting second grade this year and has been in RITTA since kindergarten. We have nothing but positive feedback about this school. The teachers are enthusiastic and caring, the leadership is strong and the PTO is very active. We are looking forward to another school year:-)

Ritta Elementary School 3

Posted November 01, 2012
This is a good school, if you happen to get a teacher that is not burned out. A friend of mine had one at Ritta last year and I have one this year. Please, teachers if you are not enthusiastic about teaching anymore and are going to chose to be lazy, leave please. Do the parents a favor! Also, other schools in Knox County seem to have more fun activities for the classes than Ritta does. Some of us parents still don't understand this.

Posted December 16, 2009

Ritta Elementary School 0

Posted October 26, 2009
My daughter transferred to ritta this year. We love it. It is a great school with a great staff!

Ritta Elementary School 1

Posted September 22, 2009
Seems as though only the good reviews make it on the survey, instead of everyone just being honest. This is not a good school and Knox County as a whole has a horrible school district. I'm relocating my child so that he can have a 'real' education. Whatever happened to 'No Child Left Behind' ? I guess the teachers were too busy being snooty. The teachers work together in groups to focus on the negative.This school in particular needs a total makeover. (Has a great principal though) Not sure what happened when it came to hiring staff.

Ritta Elementary School 2

Posted September 15, 2009

Posted August 20, 2009
I have two children who attend Ritta--a first-grader and third-grader. Both of my children have attended since Kindergarten, and I cannot say enough about the quality of their education to-date. Ritta provides a warm, caring, supportive environment for all of their students. The teachers are enthusiastic and engaged, and the support staff and volunteers are kind and attentive. From the outstanding organization and involvement of the PTO, to the phenomenal volunteer efforts related to extra-curricular activities, Ritta really is an ideal elementary school. I am consistently amazed at their ability to retain a small-town charm, while fostering an atmosphere geared toward tolerance, respect, and open-mindedness.

Posted July 21, 2008
My son just completed Kindergarten at Ritta and will be entering first grade in the fall. So far, we have had a wonderful experience. I have worked at other schools, and I have never seen a more caring, more involved principal than Mrs. Dowell. It means a lot to me as a parent that she knows the children and even knows their names. I love how attractive and clean the school always is.

Posted June 20, 2008
Ritta is a wonderful school with experienced teachers and staff. It has wonderful students who are supported by their parents and community. Mrs. Dowell is knowledgable and cares immensely about everyone's welfare.

Ritta Elementary School 0

Posted May 22, 2008
My child goes to Ritta and I've been very pleased with the school. The PTO is very active and work hard to raise much-needed funds for the school.

Ritta Elementary School
6228 Washington Pk, Knoxville, TN  37918
Last modified Ritta Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ritta Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top