Knoxville, TN

Posted August 21, 2014
Small, diverse, wonderful parental involvement, great teachers, and an atmosphere of joy in learning. Best elem school in Knoxville!

Bearden Elementary School 1

Posted June 30, 2014
The teachers are either under qualified or incompetent. The school itself is infested by cockroaches. And the quality of the school goes down yearly. My son once enjoyed this school but due to a lack of cooperation with the school had been bullied with no one to turn to. His test grades went from A's and B's to F's. To top it off only one of his teachers actually taught. One of which were fired for their lack of work. This school doesn't deserve an 8.

Posted October 07, 2011
The parental involvement at this school is outstanding. A true community school. Walk your child in and before you know it you feel like family. Teachers, office staff, custodial staff, are all top notch. You would be hard pressed to find a better, more dedicated principal than Mrs. Dunlap.

Posted June 17, 2011
We moved here in time for this last semester and my son has done very well in the 3rd grade with much better grades and he had a great experience. I will have 2 boys there starting in the fall and I know they will flourish. Thanks for all you do!!

Posted May 20, 2010
The Principal , Teachers & staff are like a family. Mrs Dunlap , The Principal is always there for you every day with a happy face. She inspires and a source of encouragement to all the kids. She knows each and every student by their names. The teachers are very friendly and helpful. My daughter is in Ms Ray class and is very happy & satisfied with her teachers. The Principal, Teachers , Staff and room parents are like a community.

Bearden Elementary School 4

Posted April 26, 2010
BES is the only elementary school we have experienced in Knoxville, and we love it. The parent involvement in this school is exceptional. The teachers and office staff are kind and know the students by name. I never worry about my child's safety, and I know the values I want him to learn are being taught at Bearden. This is a good elementary school.

Bearden Elementary School 2

Posted October 07, 2009

Posted July 24, 2009
My daughter asia loves this school. Me ellison made it enjoyable and she learned so much and is looking forwred to school, I am very happy with this school and all it has to offer the students

Posted June 04, 2009

Bearden Elementary School 0

Posted May 26, 2009
Wow, I can't say enough great things about this small, diverse, community oriented school! My son has just completed kindergarten and his self-concept and abilities are sky-high! Having taught in two large Knox County schools and at a private school in town, I have just been overjoyed with the one-on-one attention the students' receive at BES. Parent involvement is encouraged and excepted, which is super! I have a child who is reading, writing and performing math skills with amazing confidence. Thanks Bearden Elementary!!

Bearden Elementary School
5717 Kingston Pk, Knoxville, TN  37919
Last modified Bearden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bearden Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top