Posted September 19, 2014
Had a very unfortunate meeting with the asst principal KP at this school. Very manipulating, arrogant, and aggressive. This reason alone is why no one should enroll their children here. People should be evaluated by a psychotherapist before promoting individuals for the care of others and faculty members should be present during interrogation of childern. Be very observant of how she interacts with your child ALONE. I have personally spoke to countless parents with similar experiences with this woman. Many childern report "twisting stories" "yelling" and more. I'm positive other facility members have witnessed this. I really don't understand how people sleep at night. I do NOT recommend this school as long as that asst principal has authority and connections. Look to home schooling or speak and write to the Board of Education.

Posted May 12, 2014
I heard a lot about BMS. This is the first year for my son and I was really worry about this is school since a heard a lot of bad reviews about BMS , but I was really surprise not only for how much my son love this school , but also how much help full all the staff and teachers was. So I have no complains about BMS.

Posted April 18, 2014
My son is in all honors classes and also an ADHD student. Although there are times he has problems not completing his work on time, his education has not been an issue and his teachers have been very vigilant and helpful. He has had little or no issues with being bullied and he is a prime candidate being small in stature and has a tendency to tattle on his classmates. :)

Posted February 08, 2014
As a teacher at this school I can say the administrators do what is best for students not what is for their next promotion to impress their supervisor. Teachers are dedicated to their students as well as what will provide rigor to the curriculum. Please visit our school and ask opinions of those who currently attend. We scored a 5 (the best) in growth on TCAPS and continually rock the house especially in physical science, science, and algebra on honors exams. Give BMS a strong consideration. Do your research and not base your choice on one person's opinion from 3 years ago. We are an AVID and soon to be IB Middle School. In addition, we offer diversity that are real world skills that will be experienced in college and work force. I love where I work, the staff, and especially my students!

Posted December 31, 2013
While going to this school, I found it quite good. All of the teachers were supportive, and the students that I associated with were very nice and relatively smart. After looking at the other comments, I can only disagree with what some people are saying.

Bearden Middle School 4

Posted November 24, 2013
My child is currently attending Bearden and is in the second year here. I am working with the teachers and principal to give them feedback on what we see as working with our family. We also let them know personally when we see or recognize any problems and so far, I feel that I am getting the help that we need, by specifically asking for help and following up. The principal for the whole school contacts me by email and is accessible by phone if I persist. She and her staff seem to be working hard and I see her daily as the children arrive and depart from the school. She has a big job, but if we parents help, our children will continue to be blessed with a school in our community that prepares them for the rest of their education.

Posted August 02, 2012
I am rating this school unsatisfactory because it deals with high level administration as well as teachers. If the issue only dealt with some teachers, I would give the school a higher rating. All teachers are not bad. There are just a few bad apples. If your child or student was placed in a closet or surrounded by a curtain in a n-team time out by Teacher Ms. Robin Morton please contact me@ chris 112 @ rocket mail . com

Bearden Middle School 2

Posted August 01, 2011
BMS has problems. My daughter was bullied there regularly and no one seemed to care. I spoke with the Vice Principal after my daughter was teased because she is half Mexican. She seemed uninterested. One child tormented my daughter in PE she followed her around calling her a lesbian and told other kids she has AIDS (which she does not). No one cared. My daughter is in gifted classes and has always gotten good grades. After one grading period here she dropped to a B average and hated going to school. Sad.

Posted March 15, 2011
It is an "ok" school. My daughter does not like it though. She tells me something bad everyday that has happend.

Posted March 04, 2011
I will not rate this school considering there is too much violence going on there. There's no day that there isn't a fight. I feel there is no order. The buses drop off and pick up children in inappropiate places such as stores. children being bullied on the bus and at school. Neither one wants to take on their responsibility for what is going on. When I say schoo I am talking about teachers and pricipals. Instead put the blame on the parents. Some parents want to be involved in everything that is going on. It seems they're not working together. Teachers, not all, talk to the students as if they're felons. I feel that some need training on how to handle children of all ages.

Bearden Middle School
1000 Francis Rd, Knoxville, TN  37909
Last modified Bearden Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bearden Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top