Knoxville, TN

Beaumont Elementary/Magnet 1

Posted April 15, 2015
The MAGNET Teachers are great...administration is awful! The dance teacher wouldn't allow my daughter to go to the restroom when she asked and called me and told me that she had an "accident"...My husband didn't know my daughter was not suppose to go to school in her Halloween costume, administration called me and told me in a snotty, uncalled for tone: "You need to bring your child a change of clothes!" with little explanation... Parents were invited to have lunch but no details were provided as to when to show up. The list goes on and on. If I could take the teachers and place them in a different school with different administration, it could be awesome. Not to mention the location is awful, the have to do a lock down at least once a month because of the crime outside the building...such a disappointment!

Beaumont Elementary/Magnet 0

Posted October 13, 2010
Every week the kids get all the fine arts classes that most schools don't have anymore. My son has dance, art, vocal music, and instrumental music every week! It's amazing.

Posted August 09, 2010
I went to Beaumont in the 1950's when it was grades 1-6. I am so glad to that it now a magnet school. When parents are dissatisfied with a school, I found that they are the ones with less interaction between schools & students. I am now 63, retired from teaching and live in the Nashville area.

Beaumont Elementary/Magnet 3

Posted February 19, 2010
My daughter attended the magnet program for two years. It seemed that the magnet program starts off strong, but loses focus in upper grades. We loved that they tested each child and had them at the appropriate level in math and English. There were, for example, first graders in fifth grade English and second grade math - a great challenge for smart kids! The integrated arts curriculum was a bit disappointing after how it was billed, but it still beats what the kids get at other public schools. Our biggest concern was the lack of communication between administration and parents. Principal was always defensive no matter how delicately treated, secretary was obstructionist. When magnet teacher left, replacement was horrific and parents were not informed she was permanent until 12 weeks into the year -- dreadful. Too bad because it's a good concept.

Posted June 22, 2009

Beaumont Elementary/Magnet 4

Posted April 06, 2009
Teachers are doing an awesome job. Many cultural activities. This school makes well rounded students. Thank you.

Posted March 26, 2009

Posted January 26, 2009
I am a recent college grad and I went to Beaumont several years ago. Through all of that my experience all Beaumont has stayed with me throughout the years and I can honestly say that school fostered my love for learning and especially in the Fine Arts. I now work on the famous Music Row in Nashville and I can honestly say my time st Beaumont has something to do with that.

Posted May 28, 2008
I truly love the fine arts program that Beaumont offers my daughter! At kindergarten round up Beaumont was the only school ( I went to three) where the kindergarten teachers came down to greet the new students, the enrollment staff was wonderful (very helpful for a newbie like me) , and having held classes with some of the wonderful teachers in my youth I feel confident in my child's education! I have had comment from friends and family members about the location of the school and the not yet fully developed 'academy' program, I feel with family and community involvement this ground breaking program will bring a new standard of education to our area. Similar programs have worked wonders in larger cities like New York and Chicago, why not our town? Get involved in your child's school make the difference!

Beaumont Elementary/Magnet 1

Posted May 14, 2008

Beaumont Elementary/Magnet
1211 Beaumont Avenue, Knoxville, TN  37921
Last modified Beaumont Elementary/Magnet is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beaumont Elementary/Magnet Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top