Knoxville, TN

Posted July 28, 2010
As the parent of 2 CHS students I have been impressed with the hard work of the new administration. They certainly have worked hard to improve the quality of the education our students receive. Most of the teachers care about the students and do a good job. Central has it's share of issues just like any school but I am happy to see that these issues are being addressed and changes made as needed.

Central High School 2

Posted January 02, 2010
As a current student at CHS I do have a few things to say. The new office administration really has no idea how to handle a high school. Ms. Jackson talks and acts as if she was pulled straight out of a Jay Z music video. There are many great teachers at Central but the amount of bad ones is almost the same. And as much as I hate to say it, race also plays a big role in the Central community. Depending on the teacher whether you're african american or not can completely depend on the way that teacher treats you. They will either be scared to discipline the child or will write them up and send them outside at the snap of a finger. Even if a student of a different race is doing the exact same thing. Central can be a very unfair school.

Posted October 27, 2009
At Central High School, you will find a wide variety of students. Students coming from all walks of life. Just like the students will find once they graduate from high school. The classes have teachers who care about the students.

Central High School 5

Posted August 10, 2009
I graduated from Central two years ago and found it to be a perfectly acceptable school. I do think the guidence department and a few teachers are extremely subparr but other than that, I plan on making sure my children are educated at Central.

Central High School 1

Posted April 30, 2009

Posted April 20, 2009

Central High School 2

Posted April 20, 2009

Central High School 0

Posted January 27, 2009
Chorus Dept is absolutely wonderful! Other than that we are looking for another school for our younger child when she attends high school!

Central High School 1

Posted January 10, 2009

Central High School 5

Posted August 26, 2008
I am a teacher at CHS. I am an experienced teacher who has taught at many schools. Central High School is an excellent school. The teachers sincerely care about their students. We want all of our students to succeed. Many of us spend our own money to further our education even when we already have Master's degrees and higher. Despite the bad publicity our school has faced due to the recent tragedy at our school, we still love our school and our students. Our job does not end at 3:30. We plan for our students at home, in our cars, while we are trying to rest, and sometimes even at church.

Central High School
5321 Jacksboro Pk, Knoxville, TN  37918
Last modified Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top