Knoxville, TN

Posted April 01, 2014
I went to this school k-5 and when I was young I thought it was horrible. Now, that i look back as a senior in high school, I see that every single one of the teachers and staff had a real connection with the students. They genuinely cared about the kids. Everyone in that school is kind and cares about what they do.

Fountain City Elementary School 4

Posted October 02, 2012
To echo the last reviewer, Fountain City Elementary School has some very good things happening. A new program has allowed my child to keep the same teacher going third grade to the forth. This was our option so that if we were not satisfied with the teacher we could have her moved to another s class. We think the teacher is very good and gladly stayed with her. That said, the copied worksheets are truly ridiculous with the number of errors and poorly explained directions. If the school would dump the work sheet provider things would be measurably better.

Fountain City Elementary School 3

Posted May 10, 2010
My son attended this school from 3rd-5th grade. I felt overall that the school was decent. The office staff is short and insensitive, the principal was receptive to hear my complaints but blatantly said nothing could be done. I helped with art masters and enjoyed the children very much, but this program has been removed because it takes 'too much time' from important curricular activities. Also, during lunch if the kids speak too loudly they enforce strict rules of no talking and possible time outs. I do not agree with this. That is one of the only times during the day when the kids learn about larger socialization skills. And yet the staff feels it necessary to control behavior then too. Overall I think the school tries to do well, but I don't think they have their energy focused in the most beneficial light for everyone.

Posted August 27, 2009
I went to this school and now my son does too. The traffic needs work, but the teachers actually care and try very hard. This is my son's second year here. They have an excellent diversity with PE, music, library, AR, computer learning, and art. Many students, including mine, are able to walk to school every day in this close community. I can't understand why it would only get a 5 out of 10. The teachers don't just welcome, but enforce parent involvement. If more schools did their parental involvement program, you would have more successful children b/c the parents would HAVE to get involved instead of just leaving them to figure it out for themselves that happens so often lately.

Fountain City Elementary School 0

Posted January 26, 2009
Fountain City Elementary is a wonderful close community school with caring teachers and staff.

Posted December 19, 2008

Posted August 21, 2004
This is an excellent school in the heart of one of the oldest communities of Knoxville. I understand it was recently accredited-one of a few in Knoxville. Ms Summa was the principal last year. 2004-2005 brings a new principal. Ms Summa is now at Karns Elem. The teaching and support staff are outstanding and although they recently lost veteran members, they are great. This school is in a very diverse community, has no extrcurricular activites, spends the resources of the school and parents on the education of children. Parent interest in the school has always been encouraged and appreciated. Our child recently graduated the 5th grade here and has been in the top of the TTAP's in math and science at Fountain City and now in Middle School. Education basics are the emphasis here, including reading, and it shows in it's graduates. FC graduates are easy to identify in area Middle Schools.

Fountain City Elementary School
2910 Montbelle Dr, Knoxville, TN  37918
Last modified Fountain City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fountain City Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top