Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

see earlier post. no, no ,no ,no, no ,no ,no ,no ,no, no, no, no,

Amount of homework: Disagree

They have zero homework. All assigned homework can be completed in the classroom. Time is allowed for that.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Athletes get first priority. Classes are tailored to ensure their eligibility. Minorities are handled with kid gloves.

My child is entering 10th grade this year. After his 9th grade , I wanted to transfer him so bad but wasn't allowed. I love him dearly, yet I know he isn't a straight A student, which is the grades he made in the 9th grade at Fulton. Study books are never allowed to go home. They use tablets now, which are fine with me; we have all the latest tech gadgets at home. Yet even when he brings the tablet home, I CAN NEVER see exactly what it is they are teaching. Most are just bullet points. They don't sent graded work home with him, so I can't see with my own eyes, what he got right or wrong on the test. I can quiz him myself on what he said he studied that day and at best, I'd give him an 80. Yet he'll bring home an "A" EVERYTIME. Parent/Teacher conferences are harder to get than free KUB. Forget about setting one of those up. He will be out of Fulton asap. I just have to somehow secure the transfer or sell my house. I am a Fulton Alumnus, class of 76 and am very fond of the school, have wonderful memories from attending and received a fine education there. Sadly I truly feel a potato can get a diploma at Fulton now though.

Well, I graduated in 1958. It was a GREAT school and many of our Classmates still get together for meals and fellowship. I learned to be respectful of others and to be a good helper of other people. 22 years in the military, 32 years at Lockheed Aircraft, 20 years Civil Air Patrol and running our Senior Center for the last 10 years. As a C.A.P. Commander, many great kids have come from our work. One of them flying 2 Space shuttles. Others Pilots, EMT's etc. We had many successful people in our class.

This school is one of the worst high schools academically in the state of Tennessee. Being a Title 1 high priority school it qualifies for students to opt out and to be transported to a school that meets federal guidelines as set by the "Federal No Child Left Behind Act" I would suggest parents of high school students zoned to this school exercise this option. This school will not help your child prepare for college.

I have two children that goes to fulton ,right now. there has been talk about year round at fulton and a-e. i have heard alot against it.... and some thats for it. i think it will help the kids education wise, but the thing thats going to hard on familys with younger kids, that get watched by their older siblings, while parents are at work. i am really not for it or against it, iam for whats best for the kids.

I am an involved parent, and would love to see more parents involved. There are alot of things that could be more positive if everyone would take an initiative with our children. They didn't ask to be brought into this world we had them it is our responsibility to stay on top of matters to be sure we are doing everything possible to help them succeed, it is not just the teachers responsibility.

It's a good school. My daughter has good grades and loves the band. They have won some competetitions and compete with the big dogs.

Our child is currently a sophomore there. When we heard about the changes that were coming two years ago we were overwhelmed and worried. We didn't need to be. It's such a practical outlook and plan for education I'm surprised more schools aren't doing the same thing. Fulton has had a dramatic turnaround and continues to improve. We love it!

Last modified Fulton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.