Knoxville, TN

Holston Middle School 4

Posted May 13, 2011
I love this school! I am sad to be leaving it, but I am prepared, thanks to my wonderful teachers! The thing i like most about the Holston staff is that they're not afraid to laugh along with us! They have a sense of humor (at least, most of them do)! The counselors also have aided me greatly in planning for my future. They look after me, and they protect me (I have first-hand experience). I couldn't feel safer at another Middle School! :)

Posted January 31, 2011
We have had a great first semester at Holston. The honor's classes are challenging, and the teachers do a wonderful job of staying in touch with parents. The kids seem to all combine well from the various elementary schools. My son loves his school - and that is saying something in middle school!

Holston Middle School 0

Posted April 03, 2010
This school is the absolute worst in Knox county, and the county schools are not that good to begin with. My child went to this school for 3 weeks. the first week he was there he was beaten up by two 8th graders. The principle did hardly anything about it. the second week he was pushed down and sprung his wrist, the third and final week, he was stabbed in the ear and then followed into the hallway slammed up against the locker and knocked unconscious for a second or two. The school principle only gave the other student 2 days suspension. This school seriously lacks discipline. They treat bullying as if it is 'No big deal'. Just tell your kid they need to fight back and they will leave him alone. This school is the worst. Do everything you can do to not send your kid to this school

Posted March 26, 2010
We have had the experience of our child's grades dropping from A's and B's to D's and F's. Unfortunately not a single teacher notified us of this problem even to this state. I realize that it is my responsibility as well as my child's to get the the work that my child, but I tried numerous time to get online to see what my my child is missing. We have also had a major problem with bulling at Holston, but as usual my principal didn' t make a big deal out of this problem. My child was disciplined, not steed for the child who was causing the drama. If I could go back to the summer of 07' my child wouldn't be in Holston Middle School. Related to lack of discipline, lack or communication between teachers and parents. I would've done anything to keep my child out of Holston.

Posted February 15, 2010

Posted December 26, 2009
My first impression of this school was walking into the front office and the secretary was sitting in the office having a party with what looked like a bunch of cheerleaders. She looked like she just walked off the street - very unprofessional. I stood at the counter to sign my child in and a student did it instead of staff. I am not sure why students are being allowed to handle attendance issues. I have had to deal with the Principal on a couple of bullying issues and he is less than helpful. He speaks in a condescending manner. He kept telling me what a successful school Holston is, but yet when I look at the published test scores, it is less than stellar. Time to pull his head out of the sand. If I had a choice, my child would not be attending this school.

Holston Middle School 4

Posted November 26, 2009
Holston is a good school from my point of view, but it's not perfect. The teachers arte respectful and care about us while they can be strict and mean. I love Holston!! :)

Holston Middle School 1

Posted October 26, 2009

Posted April 27, 2009
I feel that Holsten is doing, a better job teaching. My Grand Child is staying on the Honor Roll. I also think Holston Middle should address, a Teasing, and Bullying Zero Tolerance. It is hard enough for a child to study and have to confront children that taunt, them everyday. Thank-You From A Proud Mamaw

Posted February 08, 2009

Holston Middle School
600 Chilhowee Dr, Knoxville, TN  37924
Last modified Holston Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holston Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top