Knoxville, TN

Posted January 21, 2014
I have had 2 children in this school now and am very disappointed with it. After a change of some teachers and administrators, I had hopes for improvement, but this has not been the case. Teachers refuse to contact parents when there are issues in the class with the child being off task. My son repeatedly tells me other children are distracting him and that the teachers don't explain the work well. I'm over this school and praying that my transfer request comes through this year.

Posted May 28, 2013
I am a Mother of 2 girls that went to this school and as a parent I was nervous at first but all the teachers were wonderful with everything I asked or my daughters if they needed help they were always there If your child wants to learn this is a great school for them they had fun learning and the rewards for having good grades was a very nice touch I just want to say thank you and sad they are in high school now again thank you for everything

Posted June 02, 2011
I think this school is amazing I am a student here. At first I was scared to go here , but when I got there it is like any normal school. I also learned a lot here and had no problem doing it. It is your child's choice to learn or not to learn. I chose learn and I was very successful.I know Northwest has a bad reputation, but that was the past and we are quickly recovering. We have new principles and new staff all we have to do is get parents involved and you need to encourage your child to listen! In honors this year I was challenged to think like I never had before and I learned a lot from the lessons and you can to!

Posted January 24, 2011
Not pleased at all. My son is in the 6th grade at Northwest and in Honors level classes. He has ADD and we have discussed this, at length, with his teachers. We have asked for their cooperation in managing his grades and asked that they keep us informed of his progress. Despite our requests, our son's grades in 2 classes have dropped to an "F" and there has been no contact from the teachers of these classes. (In one class, he dropped from an A and a B in the other.) The teachers stress that they will upload the students' grades on their website so that parents can monitor their grades, but many teachers go 2 or more weeks between updates. This can make it very difficult to make corrective action in time to help the child succeed. I had hoped to avoid this school because of what I'd heard, but we weren't fortunate enough. It's sad, but the school just doesn't seem to have the teachers dedicated to help improve the image (and performance) of the school.

Posted July 10, 2009

Posted April 14, 2009

Northwest Middle School 4

Posted March 31, 2009
I have a son who is currently in the 7th grade at Northwest, and another who will be entering the school in the Fall. I am very pleased with what my son has achieved since being at Northwest. It is an awesome school, with a great administrative staff. I am involved at the school in many capacities, and am very pleased with the progress that Northwest is making. They are only getting better every year. It saddens me that a bad repuatation from 5-10 years ago can stay with a school forever. This is a community school, that are loosing so many students in the community to other , what they think are better Middle Schools. I also work for Knox County Schools, and I am very concerned about where my children get their education. We are very happy with Northwest.

Northwest Middle School 0

Posted November 25, 2008
I am a senior in high school now, and quite frankly when I went to northwest, it was a little unsafe. However, I would never ever in a million years change the school i went too, northwest gave me some of the greatest moments i have ever had in my entire life, the teachers I had were absolutly wonderful and they sent me on the right track to high school where I am now, they dont sugar-coat things and that teaches so many real world lessons, I highly recommend this school!

Posted September 26, 2008

Posted April 10, 2008

Northwest Middle School
5301 Pleasant Ridge Rd, Knoxville, TN  37912
Last modified Northwest Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northwest Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top