Knoxville, TN

Posted March 19, 2015
The changes that have happened to the school in administration have completely turned around the school environment! There are a lot of positive, exciting things happening at Pond Gap, and the teachers and students deserve all of the wonderful changes!

Posted June 30, 2014
New principal! Let's see it that will help! I have high hopes for this school! Will take a lot of work. I wish self reliance would be taught to the neighborhood, instead of school reliance. If we are more self reliant, we are more able to help others, that is why it is better to be responsible and be able to take care of ourselves first. If parents could only learn how to better manage their homes, they would take a great financial and stress burden off the community's shoulders. Principal needed to retire. That is ok, I rarely saw her there. Teachers are good I must say, well most of the ones my kids have had, that is why I stayed in the school, they almost made up for all the cons.

Posted June 18, 2013
My daughter just completed Kindergarten at Pond Gap. We had a great experience...great teacher...great staff....my daughther loved it.

Pond Gap Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2011
In kindergarten, the teacher had a meltdown. There was no kid control. My son has had adjustment issues ever since. Never knows what is expected of him. I don't know what goes wrong. Communication with the parent is spotty at best. He knew he could pull off bad behavior there, so he did things he never did anywhere else. My son got labeled. Then we got labeled. Too many kids, too many 'policies' that don't always work for every child. We just went over to private school. My pocket book is crying, but my son's grades are up and his attitude towards learning is excellent now.

Posted March 22, 2011
Great school, my daughtor has learned a lot. The teachers are great, the students want to learn. The staff keeps a safe clean school.

Posted August 03, 2009
correction: not in his head. For example: Seven year olds should be learning to add by taking the largest number in their head and adding on the smallest. Like 16+4..start with 16 and add up 4 more. My son had no idea how to do this, and so I've been working with him this summer. Some can say oh how great! lovely! a parent teaching...I say then pay me for doing the teachers job! I already have two jobs plus raising my three kids.

Posted April 11, 2009
Used to be a great school, but has really gone down with recent principal. She's very harsh with parents and very unwelcoming.

Pond Gap Elementary School

Posted March 01, 2008
What a staff! They are wonderful and want to help our children. New PTA program this year, they really need parental involvment which does lack at this tiny school. 325? Since the school is small it is hard to get the funding and parental support it really needs.

Posted November 01, 2007
My child attended this school for 4 years. It is one of the worst schools in TN. The teachers and the principal are awful. They do not work with parents at all. They disrespect students.

Posted October 11, 2005
Good. Not poor and underfunded! Nice kids and friendly staff, spesh Mrs.Ray . I was a bit of a quiet kid but everyone let us fit in all right. Same for my lil sis in 1st grade. A stong reward system and overall excellent. I've been there so I should know!

Pond Gap Elementary School
1400 Hollywood Road, Knoxville, TN  37909
Last modified Pond Gap Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pond Gap Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top