Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son is in the first grade at Pond Gap. His teacher, Brandy Miller, is one of a kind. She is truly amazing and I am so grateful that he gets to be in her class. Beyond that, I stand in awe of the diversity of the students at Pond Gap and the way that, despite their differences, it truly feels like a family there. I have interactions with the entire staff and the administration. You will not find a better team anywhere. I am so thankful that my little one gets to swim in this pond!!!!

The garden is a great addition and my daughter loves actively participating with it. The office staff and Ms. Iva are all the greatest, the nurse Ms.Jenn is top notch, and the teachers have all been wonderful with my daughter. I feel safe when I let my daughter out each morning, and she adores the security guard- he is very personable and friendly. The crossing guard is so sweet and the lunch crew is very kind. The janitors all do a great job with keeping the school clean and there is so much going on to get involved with at Pond Gap. The only reason I do not give it five stars is because parking, the morning and afternoon dismissal, and buses loading/unloading in the same lanes as car riders. It jacks up traffic and there is a need to implement a better system with that, or target funding for a new parking/loading area. Otherwise, this is a good school and I am very glad my daughter has been a part of it!!!

The changes that have happened to the school in administration have completely turned around the school environment! There are a lot of positive, exciting things happening at Pond Gap, and the teachers and students deserve all of the wonderful changes!

New principal! Let's see it that will help! I have high hopes for this school! Will take a lot of work. I wish self reliance would be taught to the neighborhood, instead of school reliance. If we are more self reliant, we are more able to help others, that is why it is better to be responsible and be able to take care of ourselves first. If parents could only learn how to better manage their homes, they would take a great financial and stress burden off the community's shoulders. Principal needed to retire. That is ok, I rarely saw her there. Teachers are good I must say, well most of the ones my kids have had, that is why I stayed in the school, they almost made up for all the cons.

My daughter just completed Kindergarten at Pond Gap. We had a great experience...great teacher...great staff....my daughther loved it.

In kindergarten, the teacher had a meltdown. There was no kid control. My son has had adjustment issues ever since. Never knows what is expected of him. I don't know what goes wrong. Communication with the parent is spotty at best. He knew he could pull off bad behavior there, so he did things he never did anywhere else. My son got labeled. Then we got labeled. Too many kids, too many 'policies' that don't always work for every child. We just went over to private school. My pocket book is crying, but my son's grades are up and his attitude towards learning is excellent now.

Great school, my daughtor has learned a lot. The teachers are great, the students want to learn. The staff keeps a safe clean school.

correction: not in his head. For example: Seven year olds should be learning to add by taking the largest number in their head and adding on the smallest. Like 16+4..start with 16 and add up 4 more. My son had no idea how to do this, and so I've been working with him this summer. Some can say oh how great! lovely! a parent teaching...I say then pay me for doing the teachers job! I already have two jobs plus raising my three kids.

Used to be a great school, but has really gone down with recent principal. She's very harsh with parents and very unwelcoming.

What a staff! They are wonderful and want to help our children. New PTA program this year, they really need parental involvment which does lack at this tiny school. 325? Since the school is small it is hard to get the funding and parental support it really needs.

Last modified Pond Gap Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.