West Hills Elementary School 1

Posted November 16, 2014
Very, very disappointed in this school. It has been said, a few years ago this school was phenomenal, now, its below average in the teaching, treatment and expectations. It IS true . . . If you're "the pick", the "perfect child", the "favorite" . . . You breeze through. But lord help you if your teacher doesn't like you, you fail to "fit in" to their expectations of what a child should do/be, and the teacher "fails" to keep you engaged. You are labeled, bullied and brow beaten on a daily basis. You are tormented by not only the teacher but other students, and that's ok. However, the child who is a bit different than others, more active and seemingly bored in the class is ridiculed. This is SAD for a public school! Shame on West Hills! Shame on the guilty teachers, shame on the school system for clearly failing the children, parents and society! VERY dis-pleased with this school, their teachers, principal and counselor.

West Hills Elementary School 4

Posted August 13, 2014
My child was a student here from kindergarten until a couple years ago, and he tells me that he had a mostly positive experience. The only part that disappointed me was his fourth grade year. He had a teacher who had transferred from fifth grade at the beginning of the year and was honestly too strict. Also, the teacher obviously had favorites, and my child and many others were given a less favorable experience because they were not her preferred students. Other than fourth grade, my child and I were completely happy with west hills.

Posted January 24, 2010
I have a gifted child, and they have gone out of their way to accomodate her. This is another school with haves and have nots. The have nots tend to have no parental involvement and they don't come to school ready to learn. The staff here is fabulous!

West Hills Elementary School 3

Posted November 16, 2009

West Hills Elementary School 0

Posted May 28, 2008
West Hills Elementary is a school where learning is done with love and understanding. The teachers, staff, parents and students are one big family. The school benefits from the diverse popoulation in many ways. The students are very accepting of indiduals who are different from them, whether it is a disablitly or background. As an former educator (stay at home mom currently), I love the special scehduling West Hills has for encore classes. We have two Art, Music and Gym teachers which allow for my children to have a more encore classes and the teachers to have daily planning time with their teams. West Hills Elementary's administrative staff has an open door policy with parents and a team approach in every thing they do for the school and children. I feel privaledged to be part of the West Hills Elementary family.

Posted September 19, 2006
I really enjoy my daughter going to this school as well. She has excelled beyond belief. The staff is very educated and believe in our children. It takes more than a great mind to be a teacher and the staff at WHES have heart as well.

Posted August 21, 2006
West Hills is more than our school, it's our extended family. I have never had a problem that hasn't been resolved quickly and with compassion. The TAG program is amazing and it's leaders enthusiasm is contagious!I wouldn't send my children anywhere else!

Posted February 03, 2006
Being a part of West Hills School is like being part of one great big family! The principal is so wise and compassionate. She does a beautiful job of matching student personalities with the teacher that is best for each child. As you walk through the halls, you can't help but catch the excitement of learning from each classroom! The teachers do a tremendous job of providing a quality education in a risk-free environment. It's great to belong to such a great school!

Posted April 01, 2005
West Hills Elementary is a fantastic school! The teachers are the kindest and most caring people I have ever met. My son (in 1st grade) tells me he accidently calls his teacher mom. He loves her. The principal and staff are fantastic and sensitive to the parent's needs as well as to the children's needs. I highly recommend West Hills! The school lunches, however, have plenty of room to improve.

Posted December 15, 2004

West Hills Elementary School
409 Vanosdale Rd, Knoxville, TN  37919
Last modified West Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top