Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Posted March 31, 2016
becase the teachers dont care i wouldnt go to whittle sprinh in a millon years also the other may just get help beacause thay are in honor classes or the teachers know them

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted July 21, 2015
The teachers mostly don't care about their students except a few and I mean a FEW!

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted July 21, 2015
They give out so much homework that it can't even fit in your backpack! It's too much!

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 21, 2015
They don't even know what respect is. They hardly respect the students or their parents. The teachers think that the students are dumb and when the parents complain the teachers are like "Your child needs to do better." even though their kids are giving one-hundred percent!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 21, 2015
The teachers have to be some of the worst people ever! They're like "Finish this packet before the end of class or you fail!" They hardly do anything to keep it engaging they just give you a packet and your just on your own from there.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 21, 2015
They don't care about honesty or respect they just want you to be there, "learn", and leave that's it.

Whittle Springs Middle School 2

Posted July 21, 2015
Most of the teachers don't care about teaching and their just rude people and they don't really teach at all.

Posted March 25, 2015
My daughter is currently enrolled in Whittle and I have to say this has been her worst school year ever. I agree with the previous parent regarding the teaching staff except for a few of the new younger teachers they should fire 80% of the faculty and start over. Dr. McKinney should be the principle he seems to know how too handle children and he does have a PHD. I am a home owner and have lived in this area for 25yrs but the thought of my daughter going to this school for 2 more years is something that I'm not willing to stay in this area to see. I wouldn't wish this school on anyone.

Posted July 11, 2011
This school was terrible when I went there, years ago, and it's still awful now. The teachers ranged from disinterested, to rude and mean. The workload was insane. My daughter would be doing homework for 3-5 hours every single day she came home, almost every day. I made several attempts to contact one of her teachers, and when I finally reached her, she said that it was my responsibility to show my daughter how to do the work, and that's why they provide a book. I had only asked her if she could go over several things with my daughter because she didn't understand them, and I didn't have the math experience to teach her at home. The only positive that came of this horrible year was my learning of several wonderful online sites to help with math. I'm moving so my daughter won't have to attend this horrid school next year, and I would never send one of my children here.

Whittle Springs Middle School 4

Posted August 22, 2009
With a great admin team in place and a hard-working group of teachers and staff, I have no doubt that our students are going to thrive this year and in years to come. I love Whittle Springs!

2700 White Oak Lane, Knoxville, TN  37917
Last modified Whittle Springs Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.