Bad
Good

We have had a child at RSE for the past three years. She has excelled and our experience with this school has been wonderful. The teachers are all kind and smart, and the specific teachers our daughter has had have done a phenomenal job at teaching, even with the common core changes being thrust upon them. The administration is fantastic as well. The students love the principal, Mr. Lewis, who is accessible and approachable, for both parents and students. Someone in another review mentioned the numerous fundraisers, and there are a few, but there is never pressure to participate. My daughter loves her school. I am on this site doing research for a possible move across the county, and the more I research the other schools the less I want to move away from RSE. Great people teaching happy children in an environment made to feel exceptionally safe.

My son has gone there since the 1st grade, he is now a 4th grader. I personally help in the class when i can. I feel very blessed to have this school. Each teacher has done a perfect job. Some parents need to help out more and even help their child with homework. Some come in and has not done their homework, this is the parents resonsibliity, and they blame the teachers..this is one great school with a great staff.

A lot has changed at Rock Springs in the last few years. There are still some wonderful teachers that truly care about their students, but personally, the Common Core has made teaching to the test more important than having a nurturing relationship with the student. The leadership of this school has also plummeted with hiring new administration. Test scores and how much funding the school can raise in donations from Lions Prowl or Spring Fling seem to be what is the most important to the administration at Rock Springs, If you are new to the area, I would highly recommend looking at other schools for your child/children to attend.

We considered moving to a subdivision that is zoned for this school. I reviewed the website and was surprised to find that some of the teachers couldn't even write a short paragraph about themselves without major errors. As an educator myself, I find this unacceptable (especially for a school that seems to have a good reputation).

I am so glad my child goes to RSE. The teachers/staff and administration are excellent!

The teachers and staff are there to teach and help every child, no matter what.

RSE is an excellent school. The principal is wonderful with the students and a strong leader. The teachers are exceptional! They are caring and compassionate. The school offers a great learning environment for the students - the right mix of discipline and fun. Parents are respected and take an active role in the school. Overall, it is a great school. When looking for a new house, we purposefully moved to this school zone. I had once thought about home schooling my kids, but with RSE as a choice for a public school there is no reason. I am very proud to have my two children attend RSE.

My son goes to the Pre School class. He has learned so much this year! He also goes to speech therapy. You can't even tell that he has a speech problem anymore. Thanks Rock Springs Elementary!

I am very proud to say that my children attend RSE. The parent-teacher involvement is incredible. I have a 1st and 4th grader both of whom amaze me everyday with the things that they've learned and I wouldn't trade the education they're receiving for anything.

Our son started kindergarten this year at RSE. We seriously searched and researched schools thru-out the area. Not knowing much about this school other than what we saw on a tour, we were impressed. After this year with Ms. Blackburn, we knew we'd made the best decision. Our son thrived in his 1st year of school and we couldn't have asked for more. The staff is great and we're looking forward to the remaining years at RSE.

Last modified Rock Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.