Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My daughter gets bullyied all of the time as well as degraded and belittled by teachers

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Have only had a good experience with one of my daughters teachers.......Ms Reed

My daughter is bullied on a regular basis. She also gets degraded and belittled by teachers.

Rock Springs Elementary is an amazing school, and we are very blessed our child gets to attend here! The teachers are great, and caring on an individual level with all the students. The rest of the staff including related-arts teachers, librarians, office staff, counselors, lunch aids, custodians, the school nurse, etc. are all wonderful as well. Rock Springs Elementary has set a firm foundation for the love of learning for our child. Something else that I love about RSE is the safety in the building, it gives such a sense of relief and protection while my little one is away from home. It is a very structured school, and everyone who works there seems to absolutely love their job, and love being with the students. You won't ever walk by anyone working there who isn't smiling!

We have had a child at RSE for the past three years. She has excelled and our experience with this school has been wonderful. The teachers are all kind and smart, and the specific teachers our daughter has had have done a phenomenal job at teaching, even with the common core changes being thrust upon them. The administration is fantastic as well. The students love the principal, Mr. Lewis, who is accessible and approachable, for both parents and students. Someone in another review mentioned the numerous fundraisers, and there are a few, but there is never pressure to participate. My daughter loves her school. I am on this site doing research for a possible move across the county, and the more I research the other schools the less I want to move away from RSE. Great people teaching happy children in an environment made to feel exceptionally safe.

My son has gone there since the 1st grade, he is now a 4th grader. I personally help in the class when i can. I feel very blessed to have this school. Each teacher has done a perfect job. Some parents need to help out more and even help their child with homework. Some come in and has not done their homework, this is the parents resonsibliity, and they blame the teachers..this is one great school with a great staff.

A lot has changed at Rock Springs in the last few years. There are still some wonderful teachers that truly care about their students, but personally, the Common Core has made teaching to the test more important than having a nurturing relationship with the student. The leadership of this school has also plummeted with hiring new administration. Test scores and how much funding the school can raise in donations from Lions Prowl or Spring Fling seem to be what is the most important to the administration at Rock Springs, If you are new to the area, I would highly recommend looking at other schools for your child/children to attend.

We considered moving to a subdivision that is zoned for this school. I reviewed the website and was surprised to find that some of the teachers couldn't even write a short paragraph about themselves without major errors. As an educator myself, I find this unacceptable (especially for a school that seems to have a good reputation).

I am so glad my child goes to RSE. The teachers/staff and administration are excellent!

The teachers and staff are there to teach and help every child, no matter what.

Last modified Rock Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.