Lakeland, TN

Posted September 02, 2014
This is a wonderful school. Some of the comments I have read appear to be SPAM. The school has wonderful community and parent involvement, we have a 1st grader in the school. Teachers are very accessible. We moved to the area specifically for access to this school.

Lakeland Elementary School 1

Posted August 17, 2014
The school is over-rated. Their disciplinary acts would be consider as child abuse. Even though physical acts were not used to hurt a child, verbal comments and mental demure games are just as critical in stunting the growth of a child.

Posted April 19, 2013
My daughter has been attending this school since her kindergarten year. She is now in 4th grade. We have been very pleased with every teacher she has had. Every time I have had a concern of any kind it has been promptly dealt with. I could not ask for a better learning atmosphere for my child. I am very thankful we are able to attend Lakeland Elementary School.

Lakeland Elementary School 1

Posted November 08, 2012
Stay far, far away from this school. Do not be fooled by the fact that this school is surrounded by nice, large houses. It is one of the most dangerous and poorly managed schools I have ever come across. My son has been beat up twice. He is five years old. His teacher refused to communicate with me and did not even tell me that she had witnessed other kids dumping his lunch on the ground or stealing his money. Oh, and to the previous posters who said that they have been denied special services...DEAD ON! My son has mild apraxia, yet his teacher said she "didn't have time to deal with it". She wouldn't even submit the paperwork to get him evaluated. Your are better off sending your child to Central High School. I had to pull him out of that place. I would rather homeschool him than have him come home with bruises every day. My husband and I are so sad that we moved all the way out here just to deal with this.

Posted April 22, 2012
My sons have attended LES for 3 years now and though we had some issues the first year, the last 2 have been great! For the most part the teachers and staff are wonderful in doing all they can to challenge and be there for the children and encouraging in parent involvement. My 3rd son will start in a couple of years and based on how it has been we are looking forward to it! My children love going there and they really love their teachers That says ALOT for any parent!

Posted April 22, 2012
Excellent school. Excellent Teachers. Excellent curriculum. Clean, well maintained facility. I couldn't be happier with the school. I'm proud of the education my sons are receiving at Lakeland Elementary.

Posted September 28, 2010
Love this school and the teachers, the new principal. My daughter attends second grade and I feel she is challenged to do more and accomplish more. There is some parent involvement, which could improve.

Posted April 28, 2010
This is my daughter's 3rd year at Lakeland Elementary School. We have been very pleased with all of the teachers. Each has their own style but all have been very qualified and exhibited care and concern towards my daughter. This year the principle has been very proactive in keeping parents involved and informed. The facilities are well kept and the support staff have all been courteous.

Lakeland Elementary School 3

Posted February 26, 2010
Our children have attened several schools across the country. Our transition this time has been difficult. For our family, it has been hard that the school really frowns apon parent involvement. We also find Lakeland teachers to be very friendly and warm, but lacking in training. County standards here are well below other schools my childen have attended across the country. I am very proud to say that the new principal is doing a great job to improve things. She is pushing teachers out of their comfort zones and really addressing the needs of all students. I think that given a little more time, you will see some really great changes at Lakeland.

Lakeland Elementary School 3

Posted February 25, 2010
As long as you don't 'rock the boat' things are great here .. Hope you don't have any issues or need special attn... It's still a public inst with govt emplys that sometimes just make things way more difficult than necessary over minor requests.

Lakeland Elementary School
10050 Oak Seed La, Lakeland, TN  38002
Last modified Lakeland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top