Lavergne, TN

Rock Springs Elementary School 4

Posted March 31, 2014
We have had a child at RSE for the past three years. She has excelled and our experience with this school has been wonderful. The teachers are all kind and smart, and the specific teachers our daughter has had have done a phenomenal job at teaching, even with the common core changes being thrust upon them. The administration is fantastic as well. The students love the principal, Mr. Lewis, who is accessible and approachable, for both parents and students. Someone in another review mentioned the numerous fundraisers, and there are a few, but there is never pressure to participate. My daughter loves her school. I am on this site doing research for a possible move across the county, and the more I research the other schools the less I want to move away from RSE. Great people teaching happy children in an environment made to feel exceptionally safe.

Posted July 31, 2013
My son has gone there since the 1st grade, he is now a 4th grader. I personally help in the class when i can. I feel very blessed to have this school. Each teacher has done a perfect job. Some parents need to help out more and even help their child with homework. Some come in and has not done their homework, this is the parents resonsibliity, and they blame the teachers..this is one great school with a great staff.

Rock Springs Elementary School 3

Posted July 06, 2013
A lot has changed at Rock Springs in the last few years. There are still some wonderful teachers that truly care about their students, but personally, the Common Core has made teaching to the test more important than having a nurturing relationship with the student. The leadership of this school has also plummeted with hiring new administration. Test scores and how much funding the school can raise in donations from Lions Prowl or Spring Fling seem to be what is the most important to the administration at Rock Springs, If you are new to the area, I would highly recommend looking at other schools for your child/children to attend.

Rock Springs Elementary School 3

Posted July 05, 2013
We considered moving to a subdivision that is zoned for this school. I reviewed the website and was surprised to find that some of the teachers couldn't even write a short paragraph about themselves without major errors. As an educator myself, I find this unacceptable (especially for a school that seems to have a good reputation).

Posted May 10, 2013
I am so glad my child goes to RSE. The teachers/staff and administration are excellent!

Rock Springs Elementary School 0

Posted April 29, 2010
The teachers and staff are there to teach and help every child, no matter what.

Rock Springs Elementary School 1

Posted June 23, 2009

Posted June 21, 2009
RSE is an excellent school. The principal is wonderful with the students and a strong leader. The teachers are exceptional! They are caring and compassionate. The school offers a great learning environment for the students - the right mix of discipline and fun. Parents are respected and take an active role in the school. Overall, it is a great school. When looking for a new house, we purposefully moved to this school zone. I had once thought about home schooling my kids, but with RSE as a choice for a public school there is no reason. I am very proud to have my two children attend RSE.

Posted May 20, 2009
My son goes to the Pre School class. He has learned so much this year! He also goes to speech therapy. You can't even tell that he has a speech problem anymore. Thanks Rock Springs Elementary!

Posted November 15, 2008

Rock Springs Elementary School
1000 Waldron Rd, Lavergne, TN  37086
Last modified Rock Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rock Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top